free website stats program Tour Pac For 2009 Street Glide? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pac For 2009 Street Glide?

I am way late in responding...but then again I am new to this site. Maybe it will help the next person looking for answers. I have a detachable king tour pak on my '09 FLHX, but considering I went from and Electra Glide to a Street Glide, I wanted to keep the more sleek look of the Street Glide. I have the contour luggage rack and went with the chopped tour pak backrest. Since I have paint that was only available on a Street Glide, I had to order the Street Glide tour pak. The holes were predrilled for the King back rest, so they had to be plugged since I used the backrest for the chopped tour pak. Even with the plugs, I really like the looks of this combination on a Street Glide.

Attachments

• P7160004.jpg
    P7160004.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I am way late in responding...but then again I am new to this site. Maybe it will help the next person looking for answers. I have a detachable king tour pak on my '09 FLHX, but considering I went from and Electra Glide to a Street Glide, I wanted to keep the more sleek look of the Street Glide. I have the contour luggage rack and went with the chopped tour pak backrest. Since I have paint that was only available on a Street Glide, I had to order the Street Glide tour pak. The holes were predrilled for the King back rest, so they had to be plugged since I used the backrest for the chopped tour pak. Even with the plugs, I really like the looks of this combination on a Street Glide.

Looks really nice but for me and many others a secondary reason for adding the king pak (in addition to the storage) was for passenger comfort. I think the king pak along with the king backrest with the arms can't be beat for keeping your passenger happy. That's why the Ultra is set up this way!

If you're just looking for storage and don't ride 2 up, then this is a nice looking way to set up a Street Glide.

We have an 09 Street Glide. Just last week, we added Ultra Classic Tour Pack. As a wife, I love it. Chris, my husband, says it makes the bike top heavy. We will not leave it on all the time. We have a nine day trip planned in June and got it for that purpose. I can ride 350 miles or so with the standard backrest just fine. He has added passenger floorboards and passenger highway pegs for me also. Deep bucket sundowner seat also helps a great deal. Guess you could just say I am a spoiled wife! I just love to climb on back and ride and ride some more.

I have an Ekectra glide and thought I wanted to replace the tour pak with a sissy bar, I've put the sissy bar on twice in almost three years. The detatch tour pak works great and you can gain an extra .75" set back on iy and comes off easly for cleaning the back.:newsmile011::swoon

Are Backrest Pads Interchangeable on the Different Tourpaks

I want to have the backrest pad that provides the armrest on my Smooth Tour Pak for my FXSTC Softail Custom, for my wife. The pad it comes with does not have that feature. Does anyone know if a pad from one of the other Tourpaks can be installed ?

-Darryl

What I am trying to achieve is to have the backrest pad of the touring bikes attached to the Smooth Tour Pak for my Softail Custom. To allow a better backrest for my wife. If the backpads are detachable...then it may be possible to just purchase the pad from the one of the touring Tourpak and replace the the backrest pad on the Smooth Tour Pak...

Yes...

Last edited by a moderator:
azwolfman, thanks for your post and photo. I am in the process of doing the same thing you did with the backrest pad and was wondering how you plugged and color-matched the holes not used for the larger pack?

Thanks in advance.

Dan
2008 FLHX

I have an aftermarket tour pak mounted on the removable hardward.

I love the pak I got, it was low cost, painted to match when I got it.

It may not be up to the Harley pak, but I didn't pay the Harley price either. I ebayed the mounts to put it on, was able to get a solo mount and two up mount for less than $120.00, plus another $30 dollars at the local hardware store and was able to succesfully mount the pak on either mount and can change from mount to mount within 30 minutes.

Total investment was less than $500.00 dollars. Have had the pak for over a year and have had no problems. I can pak enough clothes and gear for a two week trip between the pak and saddle bags. I am able to fit a full face helmet in the pak, or a laptop, rolled up sleeping bag, and some other misc. items.

Here is the link where I got mine.

MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks Trunk Series&product_id=285&s=prod.php

Attachments

• tour pak.jpg
    tour pak.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 31
Back