free website stats program Tour Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Glide

Guess why racing bikes fairings don't move with the wheel? Because the bike handles better. Extra weight on the front forks is not good in my opinion. No, physics tell us that also.

Yeah, I agree, and those colors....BARF... Plus, I believe the fairing should turn with the wheel on a motorcycle. (Just IMHO)

One has to wonder if all the adult Road Glides of today didn't start out their infancy as Tour Glides of yesterday.

A friend suggested that the fairing looked like it did not belong to the bike. He then had a ride on it and thought it was great.Only thing that bugs me is folk saying its a copy of the goldwing, wont say how i reply. They seem to be rare bikes here, is there many in the USA?

The Road Glide is a light version of the tour Glide.
The Tour glide may be making a come back in 2010 mix of the Ultra and road Glide. The head light bezel gone and two separate head lights We will know soon.

I'm thinkin your right. Did you forget to mention that there will be a water cooled v-rod in the frame?
About now the MOCO is testing all the 2010 bikes out in California for EPA stuff. If we just had access to those tests we would truly know for sure what is coming in 2010. Know anybody?

I have an 86 Tour Glide. I rode it for about a year then sold it to a friend. He never paid for it and when I got it back it was in boxes with no motor :(. Working on a rebuild now....

I wonder where the Road glide idea of present came from? :D
The Tour Glide or FLT was introduced in 1982 and featured a new frame, rubber motor mounts and an "Integral Fairing". It was acually a predicessor to the FLHT everyone knows and loves, though the FLH was built before the FLT, the batwing fairing was put on the new FLT frame later. Most people believe the FLT was one of the AMF bikes introduced to fend off Japan's invasion, course AMF had little or no quality control. People also suspect the FLT was designed with American State and local Police departments in mind although Harley never owned up to it. It was a fact in the earliey 80's the Harley was the only motorcycle on the road capabile of towing or pushing a disabled vehical off the road.

Interesting info, thanks for posting that Bill.

Hard to believe it can push a disabled vehicle off the road too.

Back