free website stats program Tore oil filter apart today.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tore oil filter apart today....

I know you don't want to hear it but if I was in that deep I would replace the inner cam bearings , the oem are junk. Torrington B148 bearings are what you want

Well, it was tough sitting in a sunny 70 degree in March day in Chicago with my ride in pieces, but I took the advice of my fellow HDtalkers and found MoCo mech looking for side work, who is my womans family. He got me the upgraded inner cam bearings, has the tools I needed, and for a few beers, we are gunna finish the job together....PRICELESS! Now I'm looking at cams and a tune too, but now thats big $$$. Now would be the time to do it. He spoke highly of the Screaming Eagle cams. I wish I hadn't just replaced the stock tensiners, (One already installed) All in all, I could have done this myself and was about to purchase the tools fro GG, but now I am very excited to learn from him, first hand. The videos on Youtube were very helpfull, I am better of having done this myself....Thankd for all the help!

Well,***********we are gunna finish the job together....PRICELESS! **************** Now I'm looking at cams and a tune too, but now thats big $$$. Now would be the time to do it. He spoke highly of the Screaming Eagle cams.
*************** I am very excited to learn from him, first hand.

Keep us up to date on the progress....

NO problems putting in some SE cams that DON'T require More compression even with the old style shoes that are Up to Snuff Now...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Your very fortunate to have someone who is qualified to help you with the project. If you can, take pictures of the process and post so other members can learn along with you. Listen to your instructor and see if you can do most of the work with his guidence. hands on is always better.

I've included some pix's of the front and rear tensioners at 39,000 miles. I can see why I had a flake or two in my filter, look at those pits. My Mech said "just in time". They wear down, then start to pit just before they come apart.

imagenky.jpg

imagejku.jpg

Back