free website stats program To raise or not to raise, that is the question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

To raise or not to raise, that is the question

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I didn't have anyone there to take a picture but I closed my eyes and put my hands where I guessed they should be. Seemed like a 10 inch mini-ape would be best so I was about to buy one from LA Choppers until I was in Seattle and saw the new 2011 CVO Soft tail convertible.

The 2011 CVO Convertible comes with some really nice 10" min-apes so I ordered a set ((EDIT) expensive at almost 500 bucks). Waiting to get them installed next week but will post before and after pics when I do.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys for the suggestions.

Maybe I'm just scared to really lean the bike since I'm new to riding but I feel like its a pain to turn the FB compared to the Heritage...

The Fatboy will lean a lot, I think the lean angle is 26 degrees, about the same as the Heritage. I know I frequently lean enough to drag the footboards and still have angle left.

I think it is more confidence on your part, but the bar setup could be giving you an insecure sensation. I say fiddle with the setup until you can zip along grinding those footboards down to a nice edge. :D

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I didn't have anyone there to take a picture but I closed my eyes and put my hands where I guessed they should be. Seemed like a 10 inch mini-ape would be best so I was about to buy one from LA Choppers until I was in Seattle and saw the new 2011 CVO Soft tail convertible.

The 2011 CVO Convertible comes with some really nice 10" min-apes so I ordered a set .................expensive at almost 500 bucks). Waiting to get them installed next week but will post before and after pics when I do.

I think you will like the Mini Apes, though seems there would be some after market ones at a better price. I currently run the 10" mini apes OEM on a Street Bob, but plan to put on Wild1s 10" straight rise T-Bars someday. Just always liked the way T-Bars ride. Used to have 8" dogbone risers and drag bars on my Triumph years ago. Loved the way it handled.

I believe that the fatboy has a wider rear tire than the heritage. This could make the bike feel different when compared to the heritage or other softails.

Thanks again for all the advice guys. I got the 2011 CVO mini-apes and the bike does seem to handle a lot better. I think the rest is just confidence. HerI don't know how to add pics here so I added them to my profile pics.

blackant-albums-screamin%27+eagle+fat+boy-picture7339-new_mini_apes_and_passing_lamps.jpg

blackant-albums-screamin%27+eagle+fat+boy-picture7340-front_view.jpg

And some new Kuryakyn Chrome.

blackant-albums-screamin%27+eagle+fat+boy-picture7342-kuryakyn_covers.jpg

blackant-albums-screamin%27+eagle+fat+boy-picture7341-some_kuryakan_chrome_covers.jpg

blackant-albums-screamin%27+eagle+fat+boy-picture7343-more_kuryakyn_covers.jpg

The Fatboy will lean a lot, I think the lean angle is 26 degrees, about the same as the Heritage. I know I frequently lean enough to drag the footboards and still have angle left.

I think it is more confidence on your part, but the bar setup could be giving you an insecure sensation. I say fiddle with the setup until you can zip along grinding those footboards down to a nice edge. :D

No kidding! My '11 FatBoy leans with no problems, especially into scraping the footboards. Just the noise of that keeps me from leaning as much as it could. :)

I believe that the fatboy has a wider rear tire than the heritage. This could make the bike feel different when compared to the heritage or other softails.

They didn't go to the wider wheel on the FatBoy until 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back