free website stats program Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

I went with Metzler on my 07 street glide and came up almost 1000 miles short of what I got out of the Dunlops that came on it. For the $25.00 more per tire I spent for the Metzlers and the lower milage I got out of them, I went back to the Dunlops. I could not tell the difference in the ride.

I can get dunlops or metzlers for the same price...thinking of trying the metz as original dunlop only went 7500 but mostly 2up... whats a good price? I was quoted $225....

I can get dunlops or metzlers for the same price...thinking of trying the metz as original dunlop only went 7500 but mostly 2up... whats a good price? I was quoted $225....

wow, that's pretty spendy...ever look for your tires online?

I've gotten tires from all these places

Dunlop tire, agv helmets, bridgestone motorcycle tires, avon motorcycle tires, tourmaster

Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Tires

Motorcycle Tires at Motorcycle Tire Superstore

Street Tires, Wheels - Chaparral Motorsports

might even check with Dennis Kirk or JP Cycles

I take My tire into the Polaris dealership down the road from where I work and they charge 10 bucks to mount and balance it. I let other people work my bike as little as possible.

Eastern Performance does tires... decent pricing, and free shipping!

I got Metzelers recently (less than 200 miles ago) and I am impressed.... feels like the RK lost 100 pounds! The bike really dives into the corners now!

I must say, Metzler seems to be the most common replacement tire these days. I have Metz on all my bikes. They last long enough for me, But tire life is not my main concern when there are only two tires between me and the asphalt! I currently run a Metzler ME880 140/70 18 on the front and a Metzler ME880 200/50 18 rear. The bike handles like a dream and the wear has not been significantly obvious. Just my two cents

Got 8232 miles on the U.C. Most of the time it's two-up touring. Have the Dunlop
D402 on the rear. Going to put another on back on this Friday ---- $ 197.53 tax & labor incld. at a indy. shop not far away from home.

Back