free website stats program Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

$380 is a lot, but still cheaper than here. That's what I pay for just the tire. After install, taxes and fees it's just about $550.

Thanks everyone,

I have searched these sites and have not found the D407. I have put in a poser to Dunlop to see if they have a suitable substitute. I want to stay with the Dunlop. I have 11K on the one in use, which I believe is fairly decent mileage.

Thanks for getting back!:s

Unless I'm mistaken, the D407 and D408 are Harley Davidson branded Dunlops only available at the H-D dealer. The aftermarket version is the Dunlop American Elite. Same dual-tread compound but different tread pattern.
High-Performance Dunlop Motorcycle Tires

Jake Wilson for sure. I have a friend with a tire machine in his garage. I do the work myself. Not hard to do if you watch the details coming apart. I switched to the Michelin Commander II this time. Will let you know how milage works out.:newsmile093:

It would be nice, if there was ONE simple answer....
Each internet site, has it's deals, and it's not so deals.... the deals vary by dealer, and by brand, and often by model.

I'm a Jake Wilson fan... been so for a while, but now my local indy, will be close enough to JW's price, as to not make it worth the wait.

If you're going to mount the tire yourself.... well then price is KING.... but if you are having the tire mounted, ask around. I've found many shops will match the intenet price, if you show a printout.

good luck

Back