free website stats program Tired of paying the dealer, change your own tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tired of paying the dealer, change your own tires

Jake; Very well illustrated. Can the rim be turned by hand on the changer to get the last few degrees that is blocked by the tailgate?

Sweet!

Nice job and nice DIY thread. I hope somebody links it into the HDT DIY link system...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Jake; Very well illustrated. Can the rim be turned by hand on the changer to get the last few degrees that is blocked by the tailgate?

It can be if you loosen it up first, but if you start at the right point, you don't needs to turn it. It does not take 360 degrees with the bar to move the tire over the rim. more like 270 degrees.

One thing I left off. When reinstalling the front wheel, follow Glider's procedure for aligning the fork tubes. All is good if you listen to the master. :worthy

One thing I left off. When reinstalling the front wheel, follow Glider's procedure for aligning the fork tubes. All is good if you listen to the master. :worthy

Tell me this is only required on a FL model. I don't see anything to align on a FXDL.

Tell me this is only required on a FL model. I don't see anything to align on a FXDL.

Hoop; There's nothing specific to align, just making sure that the forks, axle and disc is in perfect parallel (?), so there is no twist between components. I believe Glider has it posted in tips.

Hoop; There's nothing specific to align, just making sure that the forks, axle and disc is in perfect parallel (?), so there is no twist between components. I believe Glider has it posted in tips.

Thanks, I understand now. That does seem like something you do want right and set correctly. Great info indeed.

Back