free website stats program Tired of a mess | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tired of a mess

Hmm I simply line the bike up with the sewer drain on the garage floor and viola..no mess. Just kidding I use modified old milk jugs to catch the unwanted fluids......then dump them down the drain :)

I always change my fluids with the bike on the jiffy stand, but I like that PVC idea.

That's some nice mig or tig work.

+1 on the jiffy stand. I always changed the oil on the jiffy stand and now that I have a center stand I use that. I never seen any reason to lift the bike to change the fluids. That is a nice catch tray, nice job.

I raise the bike with the jack and then set it back down on 4x6by 2ft pieces, then take the jack out. It is very stableand no sweat working under the bike.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm with Ironmark and RWB...jiffy stand cause it is quick and easy. My bikes are ridden virtually year 'round...just my way, once I figured out how to make a reusable drain try from a Cranberry juice jug with cap on under the oil filter.

DSCN0789-1.jpg

DSCN0793-1.jpg

I throw my J&S wheel chock down on the ground. Drive the bike into it, get off and change the fluids.

Back