free website stats program Tire balance | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire balance

turnerbend

Had new tire installed on rear of my Ultra Classic. The lead weight that was installed feel off. The tire seems to be well balanced at speed when riding. My question is, what is the best indication that a tire needs balancing, do I need to have the tire balanced again if I don"t have vibration or shaking at road speed???

Are you saying it PEELED Off?

There was a Balance Issue or they would NOT have put them on. You may NOT feel a difference but there IS a difference.

IF you can see the number of squares, I'd replace them... The tire guy Might remember or have him look at the tire. Probably no charge to stick new weights on if he can tell how many were there.... IF done recently.:s

geezer put in dina beads recently on his rides New tires (09softail)
He said: they seemed to work out really well for him.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie is right, you may not feel it but the weights were on there for a reason

I always do my own tyres so if I thought that a weight or two had fallen off I would replace them if in a hurry and rebalance the wheel fairly soon after
Bike will not be at its best if the wheels are not balanced correctly and it may be under an extreme manoeuvre that the difference will show

Brian

I've been using Dyna beads for about 20,000 miles (several tires), and my tire wear is very even. My buddy uses Ride-On balancing goo, and has also had very good results. A bonus, is that the Ride-on is also supposed to seal a puncture.
I just had a new tire put on last week. I stripped the weights off that were on the rim, and put Dyna Beads in.

I've been using Dyna beads for about 20,000 miles (several tires), and my tire wear is very even. My buddy uses Ride-On balancing goo, and has also had very good results. A bonus, is that the Ride-on is also supposed to seal a puncture.
I just had a new tire put on last week. I stripped the weights off that were on the rim, and put Dyna Beads in.

I had put Ride On in the tire that was removed due to a pin hole leak. The Ride On was in the tire for over a year. I think I'll put Ride On in this tire to be on the safe side. This will take care of any balance problem....

I'm with you, Breeze. I've used Dynabeads in two sets of tires and they work great. I've gotten excellent wear and I feel certain it has a great deal to do with the constant balancing affect of the Dynabeads.

i too have been using dyna beads they seem to work pretty well so far.
i have under 1000 mile on these new tires so time will tell. but so far i like them.

Back