free website stats program "TINK" sound | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"TINK" sound

Check your exhaust shields mine was doing that with aftermatket pipes when it got warmed up. Drove me nuts till I found it. They were touching the fins. Inserted screwdriver and gingerly pushed it back. No more tink .

Is the ECM factory stock or have downloaded a stage 1 map? Does it have a black box fuel enrichment?
Curious, where can you buy Premium non-alky fuel. Highest I have seen is 89 and the METB was removed. The sign may say it but....

The stage 1 download spark tables are pretty aggressive. Did you buy the SE super tuner dongle when you went with the stage 1. It would be easy to figure it out using that.

Tuner is a PCV. Map is from Fuel Moto.

I believe the non-ethynol premium here is coming from Canada. I've seen it in 91 and 93 octane . The cost per gallon is higher than premium 10% ethynol.

My 2009 ultra had a funny noise coming from the front top jug. It took me a few months to track it down until it made the same noise in the garage after an oil chaing. It was coming from the top engine mount.
WAP.gif

What noise was the bike making??

I called up Fuel Moto and told them of this sound. They seem pretty confident it is pinging and that it is a timing issue. The stage one map I recieved with the PCV changes the timing slightly. They sent me a new map that restores the timing to stock. Apparently it should also help throttle response. I haven't had time to download it but will post with results. Thanks to all for the help.

Back