free website stats program Timing, Carb Jetting......HELP | Harley Davidson Forums

Timing, Carb Jetting......HELP

mbwebb

Had problems with carb jetting before with V&H Longshots. To make a long story short I ended up putting a stock slide and spring back in with a 45 slow and a 180 main. Everything seemed to be fixed. Decided to switch to V&H Big Shots. Did not mess with jetting. When I crack the throttle from an idle it semi stumbles and then picks back up. Also after it is warm when I turn it off and then restart it, it doesn't idle the best until I crack the throttle a little. The enricher also does not pick up the idle like before. Could a change in pipes make that much difference?

Had problems with carb jetting before with V&H Longshots. To make a long story short I ended up putting a stock slide and spring back in with a 45 slow and a 180 main. Everything seemed to be fixed. Decided to switch to V&H Big Shots. Did not mess with jetting. When I crack the throttle from an idle it semi stumbles and then picks back up. Also after it is warm when I turn it off and then restart it, it doesn't idle the best until I crack the throttle a little. The enricher also does not pick up the idle like before. Could a change in pipes make that much difference?

Absoulity....the pipes make a huge difference especially when the diameter is larger than 1 3/4''

Without having it set up on a dyno, it's difficult to tell where the problem is. It may respond to an increase to a 46 low jet but then again it could be the loss of back pressure with those pipes causing the problem too. You can get a 46 low jet at J&P cycles for a few bucks and see where that takes you assuming your accel pump is working properly.

Back