free website stats program thunderheader | Harley Davidson Forums

thunderheader

was looking to switch my stock exhaust system out with a 2 into 1 thunderheader on a o7 street glide. is this a good option for sound, performance and price. bike is completely stock with stage 1 and slip ons?
please advise on your opinion thank.
:guitar

Well it's defiantly a good exhaust if your looking for performance but i hope you like your bike LOUD because these pipes are insanely loud.
WAP.gif

I agree with that,no doubt that a 2-1 system will give you the best performance a friend of mine with a 110 has a thunderheader I hate getting behind him it is too freaking loud,there are better options if you want to keep your hearing I run a D&D with the quite baffle its plenty loud enough even there performance baffle is no where near as loud as a thunderheader...

My buddy (in another state) recently put one on his '07 FLHTC, with no other mod. He has about 3,000 miles on it and is pretty satisfied. He claims it's not too loud, but I've never heard a T.H. that wasn't. He did not originally get the heat shields, and they took 2 months on backorder, so order them with the pipes. He said the pipes turn blue close to the cylinders, and gold farther down.

My buddy (in another state) recently put one on his '07 FLHTC, with no other mod. He has about 3,000 miles on it and is pretty satisfied. He claims it's not too loud, but I've never heard a T.H. that wasn't. He did not originally get the heat shields, and they took 2 months on backorder, so order them with the pipes. He said the pipes turn blue close to the cylinders, and gold farther down.

thanks for all the info

I had them on my Dyna, my neighbors loved me :D

Only caution I have for them is noted above if you are going chrome, mine were black, the heat shields started showing quite a bit of rust and the pipes were pretty brown when I got rid of the bike in March. (I got the bike off someone else so not sure if the pipes were ever wrapped but I don't think they ever were). They are not know for being too durable, but do help with performance.

Back