free website stats program Thunder Max Auto Tune | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunder Max Auto Tune

I have 09 SG, Harley Hi-flow intake with V&H Big Radius Pipes @ Big City Thunder Baffles, only problem I have had is some popping out the exhaust now and then after decelerating then cracking the throttle. Talked to teck and had me make a change to fuel cut off, bike still learning I guess as it still popping. Going to make another call today when they come to work (banker hrs 12n to 5p).

Bud,
Did you install your own? How long did it take and did you have any problems?
yes no probs maybe hour to install

Is the "auto tune" something you can enable, collect data, allow re-mapping, then disable,,, or is the system always continuing to update and re-trim the fuel maps?.

Once you get the maps just the way you want them, can you disable the feature and just ride.?

yes you can turn off the autotune

The Thunder Max autotune almost sounds too good to be true. Other than the price what are the other drawbacks? I have heard of some having problems with the spedo not working properly. Was this fixed?
so far no drawbacks no probs

Does the Thunder Max firmware select A/F ratio according to Map pressure (similar to Delphi & SEST) or is the A/F ratio on the Thunder Max selected by % of throttle position only.
I can reall answer that it does have a selections for altering ATF by throttle and RPM but not sure if map is tied in also .. basicly the way it looks like it will do i havent bother to read ever page of the 176 page manual is you pick about where you want atf and it will try to meet it

I contacted Zipper by way of their website and with a day or two I received a phone call in return.

The caller (Pete) IMMEDIATELY identified himself, who he represented and that he was replying to my inquiry. That said, he asked if it was a good time, and did I have time to talk? GREAT first impression.

I spent a fair amount of time, grilling Pete, asking all sorts of questions... The man KNOWS his product. No question was too silly, OR too technical. No hard sell, just information. If anyone is even considering a THUNDERMAX with AUTOTUNE ( or any other brand of fuel management)they owe it to themselves to talk to this company! I no longer have a question about IF I'm going to make the purchase, my question is HOW SOON!

How come I NOW do my homework... in school I never did!?!?!?!

Back