free website stats program thunder beach or daytona | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

thunder beach or daytona

Daytona is going to drop the hammer on loud pipes

Guys and gals, you simply better get used to this. It's happening in more and more places and you can continue to live in denial or prepare for it.

Sorry Moondog, didn't mean to hijack your thread but the whole "loud pipes" thing really hits a nerve in many ways for many people.

Like some of you have done both, prefer Daytona for the fact that main st is set aside for bikes whereas the main drag of PC is a convoluted mess of all types of vehicles.
As to LEO interferance, the last time I was down at Daytona, the Mrs. and I had been to dinner (with cocktails of course) upon leaving learned I had no rear lights (went with 4 way flashers) one last pass down main before heading to hotel, while at a red light, guy up front revved to impress with his pipes, then of course I had to respond; guy behind me responded to mine to which I responded at which time this voice from right beside me (on left) stated, "Sir, I would think you'd know better than that!"
I looked and lo and behold there was an on duty, uniformed motor cop sitting right next to me.
Needless to say I sobered up immediately and went directly back to the motel and counted my blessings. :newsmile055: Don't think I'll press my luck that way again.:small3d029:

been going for the last 7 yrs. in a row twice a year never been stopped or had any trouble!!just show everyone respect and you will have a good time!!ride smart. i don't drink on ride we stay close to main st. and walk motel is right across from our late nite club hangout sharks always fun there!

Back