free website stats program Throw over saddlebags for Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Throw over saddlebags for Street Bob

Idaho John

Hi: I was wondering if anyone out there is as particular as I am about their Bob. I would like to have some saddle bags - but I don't want to alter the bike to have them. I bought the Bob because I liked the style so...does anyone have any experience with throw over bags and recommendations as to maker, brands, etc and ways of fastening them to the bike without adding to or altering the bike. Thanks for your responses to my earlier post on the buzzing headlight.

Idaho John

tnx hobbit - I like the idea, the only thing I am concerned about is having to move the tailights from by the fender up to the back of the fender. Probably not a big deal but it will interfere with the look of the bike. One of my best friends bought a bob recently because he liked the "look" of the bike. By the time he got done it no longer looked like a bob and it had lost all of its original appeal and charm...for me. He is very happy and that's all that counts, i just don't want that for me. Again, tnx for your reply. John

tnx hobbit - I like the idea, the only thing I am concerned about is having to move the tailights from by the fender up to the back of the fender. Probably not a big deal but it will interfere with the look of the bike. One of my best friends bought a bob recently because he liked the "look" of the bike. By the time he got done it no longer looked like a bob and it had lost all of its original appeal and charm...for me. He is very happy and that's all that counts, i just don't want that for me. Again, tnx for your reply. John

John,

Adding saddle bags will completely change the look of your bike, substantially more than moving two relatively small lights further towards the rear.

I suppose I just don't understand your concern with moving two small lights, while you have no problem adding two large leather bags to the rear end.

The position of those turn signals does define the look of your Street Bob, or any "bob" for that matter.

The only problem I'd have in your situation is the somewhat prohibitive cost of having to relocate something that should never be where it is in the first place. You can thank the MoCo for that. They know full well people will be relocating those lights to add storage options. $$$

Regards,

Bryan

John,

Adding saddle bags will completely change the look of your bike, substantially more than moving two relatively small lights further towards the rear.

I suppose I just don't understand your concern with moving two small lights, while you have no problem adding two large leather bags to the rear end.

The position of those turn signals does define the look of your Street Bob, or any "bob" for that matter.

The only problem I'd have in your situation is the somewhat prohibitive cost of having to relocate something that should never be where it is in the first place. You can thank the MoCo for that. They know full well people will be relocating those lights to add storage options. $$$

Regards,

Bryan
Tnx...I am not sure I understand your comments completely, I do want saddlebags, just don't want the permanent kind. I would like something I can put on for a long ride and then take off for the rest of the time. Maybe I wasn't clear about what I was asking. Anyway, there are a lot of things that I don't understand about the Motor Company but...how did the headlight situation work out for you? Did the Company fork out a new headlight for you? Idaho John

Back