free website stats program Throttle Body Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle Body Question

Turk55

Did some motor work on my 09 SG, now 107" with S&S 582G cam kit, 10.5 comp pistons, heads ported, commander Ing, true duals (V&H), and open air filter. The shop I had do the dyno work said that I didn't need to update the throttle body for the motor up dates but bike seems to be looking for more, S&S said I could send my throttle body to them and they would make it a 58mm for $400. So question is has anyone done this and was it worth the $$ or should I just be happy with what I have?

Did some motor work on my 09 SG, now 107" with S&S 582G cam kit, 10.5 comp pistons, heads ported, commander Ing, true duals (V&H), and open air filter. The shop I had do the dyno work said that I didn't need to update the throttle body for the motor up dates but bike seems to be looking for more, S&S said I could send my throttle body to them and they would make it a 58mm for $400. So question is has anyone done this and was it worth the $$ or should I just be happy with what I have?

Your build could benefit from a 55mm T/B; your OEM T/B is a 50mm. I believe the Kury T/Bs that were going for about $75 are gone. Check Dan Vance for boring your OEM T/B; great job with good results and might save you some $$.

Dan Vance Racing, Harley Davidon, throttle body,bored,

I have a S&S 58mm T-Hog on my 107. It has the 5.3 injectors in it. I am very happy with it. No problems what so ever. performance is as expected. Just remember S&S = quality.

Back