free website stats program Thoughts And Opinions | Harley Davidson Forums

Thoughts And Opinions

FXDL4ME

Buddy of mine is looking at two different bikes:

2007 Street Glide....13,800 miles....older gentleman owns........bike looks brand new, definitely taken care of.......owner has complete service records.....two new tires, new battery, just serviced all oils, and new air cleaner.......<-----all replaced in the past month.

2012 Electra Glide for sale at indy ..........38,427 miles.......maintenance history unknown.....going to need tires soon.....indy knows nothing of the bike's history.

Both priced in the same neighborhood............which would you buy?

Now he's also looking at a 2009 Low Rider with 5800 miles! Not sure he knows just what he wants. He's definitely limited with funds.....about $9,000. Low Rider is $8295 at a dealership. He WAS leaning towards the Street Glide because he said he'll have no money to replace anything like tires, etc. for awhile. It's Bike Week here, and he wants to get a bike quickly. I told him not to do anything until he decides what kind of bike he wants.

Last edited:
07 FLHX already has the 6 speed tranny,I'd do that.Unknown history could be a nightmare.I doubt he'll want a dyna,once he gets to ride a bagger.He could always put 9 grand down on a new Standard,or RK.And have a small payment.

Back