free website stats program Thought for the day | Harley Davidson Forums

Thought for the day

carp06

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did.

Not SCREAMING like the people riding in his car!!!

My wonderful wife says, (as do my wonderful 3 sons), that I get ornerier and ornerier as I get older....more combative, less able to tolerate other people's BS or their prejudices or their dumb(edit) way they handle their responsibilities, (the lazy and sucking the system for all it's worth type that I have to deal with a lot), the rude and obnoxious who never learned how to say "Please" and "Thank You"....... :wall

:D

I'm with you there, my tolerance for stupidity and BS is 0

Lancer, ain't it the truth?? Doesn't it get harder and harder to put up with people's BS, and even MORE odd...do YOU, like ME, find that as you get older your BS Meter gets more and more accurate, to where you can sense it before it even hits the fan, like freaking Spider Man or something??

Yes! I have developed "Spidey Senses" too. I can sometimes sense it the day or two before it happens! I try to step aside and let it roll on by, but sometimes ya just can't get far enough out of the way. :( Then they find I'm not Mr. Congeneality any more. :)

It's not just that time makes us more intolerant of (edit), it also makes us more aware of it and let's face it, we don't want the time we have left spoiled and wasted, it's too precious for that.
I try to stay laid back about it though.
I still think it was a funny joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back