free website stats program thinking of vance and heinz slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

thinking of vance and heinz slip ons

jamesearl

I know screaming eagle says no tuner needed,but V&H says in their ad they recommend it.Can I just put the V&H slip ons on? I have a 2016 fxdwg it also says easy to install,so I'm gonna give it a go.

The thought has been in the past 1.75 inch baffle or less no fueler needed. I would bet that the Screaming Eagle is EPA compliant and the Vance ands Hines are off road use only. Do you have a high flow air filter?
If so then you are definitely going to need some help with a fueler.

The thought has been in the past 1.75 inch baffle or less no fueler needed. I would bet that the Screaming Eagle is EPA compliant and the Vance ands Hines are off road use only. Do you have a high flow air filter?
If so then you are definitely going to need some help with a fueler.
Stock everything

Then find out the size of baffle and less than 2" baffle you should be good to go.......
Just remember that your rear tire and fuel mileage are going to suffer, if you get what I mean....

JMHO, these beasts run lean right off the shelf so any help they can get will make a difference such as running cooler.

Then find out the size of baffle and less than 2" baffle you should be good to go.......
Just remember that your rear tire and fuel mileage are going to suffer, if you get what I mean....
The info at J&P cycles where I'm looking just shows 3in. diameter

ok I just chatted with a guy at J&P he says slip ons only,and I'm good to go

Looks like 4 bolts is it.Don't even have to mess with heat shields

Last edited by a moderator:
Just take your time for the mufflers might be very difficult to remove from pipes. PB Blaster may be in order for that. And before you start bike with new mufflers on be sure to clean off hand prints with Windex or chrome polish so you do not have permanent finger prints on your new chrome.
The 3" is the diameter of muffler, not baffle..

Hopefully with just 2k on the bike they'll come off not too hard.I've been listening to all these vids trying to figure out if they're too loud or not.One time I test rode a road king for about an hour,where the owner had removed the baffles,and it was way too loud.And yeah,I knew there was a difference between the baffle and diameter.All they had was diameter,no baffle size.But he assured me no tuner needed.He went as far as to say no slip on's will lean out the bike.

Not sure if this will help, as I am an old woman. :p But, I had V & H on my deuce and although I thought they sounded good overall, I felt they were too loud. For my Road King, I went with Rush slip ons. I like them much better. They have a nice deep sound, but not loud and crackling like the V & H were. I would still recommend them if you like them, they did sound good, but I just thought they were a bit on the loud side. ;) The guy who bought my deuce was absolutely thrilled with the sound however. :)

thanks Joyflying,this is just the kind of info I was looking for.Rush almost sounds a little loud and they are a lot more$ Cobra reviews say not too loud,I'm thinking Cobra.I don't want to put em on,get a ticket,and have to remove them.

Last edited:
Back