free website stats program Thinking of selling at a loss | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking of selling at a loss

Now that I think about it,I always put down a grand,I guess if you went zero down for a long loan like 72 months you could end up in your situation.It's just a shame,usually having someone just take over your payments is a good deal for them.

I owe 15K on the bike and not planning on selling it I didn't look at the price as being upside down. Maybe I should have? I didn't have a bike to trade in on this one. I had sold my previous bike a year before buying this one. The market is soft right now. The online site offered what they did as they are reselling it and have to have a margin for profit. Not faulting them on their offer. The dealership is looking at taking on a used bike, sitting in their showroom in place of one of the newer models. They still have a number of '18's for sale. I knew I would take a beating on it only 1 year after buying it. There just isn't any chance in the future I would be able to ride.

Now that I think about it,I always put down a grand,I guess if you went zero down for a long loan like 72 months you could end up in your situation.It's just a shame,usually having someone just take over your payments is a good deal for them.

I didn't put any down and the loan is 2.99% @ 48 months. If I could find someone credit worthy, letting them take over the payments would be ideal for both of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then run your ad for the amount owed,if/when you get a buyer,have em fill out a credit app for wherever the bike is financed,and they can take over your payments.Easy Peasy,or if yer really lucky,and they want to pay cash,just pay off the loan.

Checked around at the used inventory for the dealers in my area and found three '17 FLSTC models for sale:
950 miles for $19.980
10K miles for $18,495
2.7K miles for $19,094

These are dealer prices and I assume based on "book" value but actual "street" value is probably about $2K less. So, the OP could advertise the bike for say $14,950 and be prepared to let it go for $500 to $1000 less. So, assume it takes six months to sell, add six months of payments to the difference between $15K and $13.75K and make the decision on whether to take that hit or the $4K hit from the re-seller. Of course, there is always the chance that the bike could still be sitting in the garage in six months but you are a better judge of how likely that is possible. Time to fish or cut bait; procrastination is not advisable.

*update* Found a dealer that gave me a better price than the online company. I only lost 2K on the deal and I can live with that. Bike is gone now.

Back