free website stats program Things to do with a Gold Wing | Harley Davidson Forums

Things to do with a Gold Wing

cedarbrook63

Not sure if any of you would wish to convert your beautiful Electra Glides to this purpose :D
That's asking a lot of the little bit of rubber in contact from the rear wheel!

Attachments

• ATT000751.jpg
    ATT000751.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 143
  • ATT000813.jpg
    ATT000813.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 142
  • ATT000844.jpg
    ATT000844.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 141
Wow......and i thought I'd seen everything. I only have to ask........Why? :newsmile030:

cedarbrook63,

Looking at the 3rd picture, Way back behind the first in the pict. , it shows another big white bike in the marked off section. Are there Two of these special made towers?

Please tell a little more about why and where and for who is using them?:newsmile093:

Should it not be the other way around?:bigsmiley33: the VW towing the bike?:newsmile011:

Interesting.

signed....BUBBIE

In '75, as I was passing through LA, I broke a set of points on my '73 Sporty. I had just passed the HD dealer on the interstate. Somehow I called them. Next thing I knew, an FLH pulled up with a side-car, set up as a flat-car. We wheeled my scoot onto the sidecar and off we went. My mind is still blown, to this day. I thought that was too cool.

Enjoy,
Rich P

cedarbrook63,

Looking at the 3rd picture, Way back behind the first in the pict. , it shows another big white bike in the marked off section. Are there Two of these special made towers?

Please tell a little more about why and where and for who is using them?:newsmile093:

Should it not be the other way around?:bigsmiley33: the VW towing the bike?:newsmile011:

Interesting.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,

I don't know much about it either - a friend who knows I like bikes sent it to me as a curiosity, just did a google seach and came up with this:
The two-wheeled TowTruck
Motorbike Tow Vehicle - YouTube

Strange use of a bike. I've seen an article showing a Triumph Rocket (2.3 litre engine) towing a caravan. The only thing letting it down was the grip of the rear rubber as it had enough horsepower and torque. All just a bit silly though IMO - bikes just aren't for pulling things - I don't even like bike trailers but each to their own.

I read somewhere their used in like china where the roads are over ran with cars to make it faster to respond to broke down cars. Thought it was kinda cool.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the title.
Makes sense in countries where a large tow truck is impossible to use on narrow roads.

Last edited:
Back