free website stats program The wind -1 Heritage -0 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The wind -1 Heritage -0

I am now a believer!! Glad I have a toy shed to store mine in!

I keep my bikes in wooden sheds as we do get a fair bit of wind here i did loose a shed (thin metal) and a green house so i keep everything secured from the wind
In November i recorded 103.3 mph wind speed and it is not unusual for the power lines to come down
I was taught never to cover a bike as the cover can blow around in the wind and damage the paintwork it will also cause condensation on the bike if the air heats up all the moisture stays under the cover

Brian

It was a broadside wind, usually there is a car parked on the left side of it but it was gone the time this happened. As long as nothing internally is wrong with the throttle, looks like I am going to get by with just replacing the grip.

Is chaning grips fairly easy? Probably sounds like a dumb question but I really havent messed with it yet. I was going to take it in and have the dealership check it out.

I can see how this could happen because last summer I experienced the same thing with the wind, only my bike weighs more than yours. Gusts this day was 45 mph out of the west, front end turned to the left. If the cover hadn't been on, I don't think it would have blown over. Got by with just a few scratches on the bottom side.
Oh man. Not a pretty sight!

Back