free website stats program The smokin valkrie!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The smokin valkrie!!!

Doug,

Had a similar situation with a Honda Fury Chopper, what a piece of junk........ Although my buddy has a Yamaha R1 and smokes us all EVERY TIME. We are getting to the point where we wont ride with him anymore, mainly cuz he commonly likes to divide the cost of his bike into the cost of our HD's.

Doug,

Had a similar situation with a Honda Fury Chopper, what a piece of junk........ Although my buddy has a Yamaha R1 and smokes us all EVERY TIME. We are getting to the point where we wont ride with him anymore, mainly cuz he commonly likes to divide the cost of his bike into the cost of our HD's.

It's not the cost, It's the PRIDE of the USA.:newsmile093:

I won't blame our whole economic situation on buying foreign goods, but you can't tell me that it doesn't play big in the scheme of things. I wave at all 2 wheelers regardless of brand cause we are all brothers after a fashion. But I don't buy foreign unless there is no choice. And maybe not even then. I know, I know. All things USA made could have foriegn parts on them but the revenue generated by the manufacturer to the dealer stays here not overseas.

I won't blame our whole economic situation on buying foreign goods, but you can't tell me that it doesn't play big in the scheme of things. I wave at all 2 wheelers regardless of brand cause we are all brothers after a fashion. But I don't buy foreign unless there is no choice. And maybe not even then. I know, I know. All things USA made could have foriegn parts on them but the revenue generated by the manufacturer to the dealer stays here not overseas.

Me too Murf as to waving at all 2 wheelers. Lots of times even bicycles if they happen to wave first. Grew up in the 60's era, did the Vietnam thingy, bought my first bike in 66, a Honda 150 Benly (Baby Dream). I have one that I have restored to capture my youth once more. Am now working on a 67 Suzuki X6, what I now refer to as the "original crotch rocket". 250 2 stroke 6 speed and quick as lightning. Ya gotta love em all as my dear Uncle used to say about his women. I just like bikes and HD's as my daily rider. NO NEED for us to feel superior to others cuz we ain't! Just bikers is all. That motorcycle don't make us what we are! Just relating a cute story on the Valkrie in friendly jest. Later, Doug

So what kind of Mods do have on your bike??...I ride with a guy with a '04 Valkrie and he eats and spits out Harleys all the time...from 0 to 75mph we can stay within a few bike lengths of him,but after that he checks out to different zip code...watched him shut up a HD rider last year on a 30k 07 SE RK...But then again... the experience of the riders does have a lot to do with the final results.

This has been gone over and over and over and over...... As has been stated many times, As a rule, if you are buying a HD to go fast, you bought the wrong bike. No doubt we can modify our rides to perform with them all, but really IMO its all about the history, the legend, being original and American. HD has a unique history that can't be matched. Thats why I always wanted one. There is just that something about them, and its not going fast. All rides are fine rides, and I love them all, in fact owned many of them workin my way to a HD. Let the mterics fly by, I will just enjoy the ride.

Walleye, you are correct of course...for every rider who thinks his is tops, another one eats his lunch in practice.

Just enjoy the ride....war stories are still entertaining none the less, we all have 'em if you ride for any length of time...

So what kind of Mods do have on your bike??...I ride with a guy with a '04 Valkrie and he eats and spits out Harleys all the time...from 0 to 75mph we can stay within a few bike lengths of him,but after that he checks out to different zip code...watched him shut up a HD rider last year on a 30k 07 SE RK...But then again... the experience of the riders does have a lot to do with the final results.

Well Rk...really dunno. Bought it as she sits last august and not being all that Harley savvy (not much at all really) whatever was done by the previous owner is unknown to me. In all fairness to my Valkrie bud, he really didn't know how to race anyway so maybe should have smoked me. He wants me to ride his next time but then....he don't know how to ride mine either.

Onboard with you boys about the HD not being built for speed. Any ol crotch rocket will prolly beat most of us but at 60? How fast do I really need to go? I LOVE my HD!

Funny how some people consider faster to be better.

Fast is not why I ride, but it is fun sometimes. Is my scoot fast enough, OH yeah! And then some!

Back