free website stats program The Brotherhood lives on... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Brotherhood lives on...

Similar situation. I met 5 guys from 4 different parts of the country for a meeting in Atlanta. We were all in a van quietly traveling to the meeting when a Guy on a Road King like mine pulled up alongside. I commented that I had a bike just like that and two other guys spoke up that they have Harleys. Soon, everyone was involved in the HD conversation and a boring day turned in to a lot of fun!

I had a flat tire the other day on my Sportster and was on the side of the road. A couple guys on baggers pulled up and told me to buy a real Harley, then drove off. I thought it was a real Harley. :small3d012:

I do not know of any other product you can purchase and suddenly gain hal a million friends in an instant. The dealer said something about it, but I blew that off.

Well I have had the great pleasure of finding out the dealer was right. I have had a couple of people at work spot me in the halls carrying my jacket and helmet and stop me to ask which bike is mine. Then I get the stories of the one the had/have/are going to get. I have stopped to help two guys pulled over, and have had someone stop to make sure I was ok.

So far the best was when I got lost heading to a part of town I never get too. I had pulled into a parking lot and pulled out my phone to check directions. Some guy in a massive diesel truck pulled in and started walking up to the mall, when all of a sudden he turned and walked over to me. We talked for a couple of minutes and he gave me some directions. As he was about to leave he said his wife saw me with that puzzled look on my face and they just could not walk away another HD rider until they made sure I was fine. It is that out of the blue connection you have to someone you know nothing about that is kind of neat.

I got stopped by a cop Sunday because I wasn't wearing a helmet. I showed him my exemption card and he asked if I could get a card for him. He was going to pickup his new Fatboy Tuesday. We talked on the side of the road for 20 minutes when he got a call on his radio and had to go. We might still be talking if he hadn't got the radio call.

I had a flat tire the other day on my Sportster and was on the side of the road. A couple guys on baggers pulled up and told me to buy a real Harley, then drove off. I thought it was a real Harley. :small3d012:

Hmmmm, The Sportster is one of Harleys longest running production models, dont let those Bad Boys get you down:s

IMO anyone that thinks a Sportster is less of a Harley than the other models, is a poser, wannabe that bought a "Big" Harley to make up for some shortcoming in his character. A Sportster is sorta the Corvette of the Harley line (without the price).
Signed; The Caprice station wagon rider of the Harley line up, Electraglide.:bigsmiley20:

Pulled over for an old geezer (he was even old to me) parked in the center median to see if he was okay. "Out of gas," he replied. He had a length of soft rope that we used to hook the bikes up and I towed him a couple of miles to the nearest gas station. Talked a few minutes while he gassed up. He was riding one of the cleanest panhead baggers I have ever seen. I kind of drooled over it and sure wish I could find one of them somewhere at a price I could afford.

Many, many years ago I was riding home with my girlfriend on my rigid Triumph and my shifter fell off (things were always coming off that bike). I pulled over and as I got off the bike, a car pulled up behind me. Four BIG guys got out, looked like college football players. I looked like a skinny longhaired biker, so the odds weren't in my favour. One of the guys walked up and handed me my shifter and said they had seen it fall off. One of the other guys grabbed a toolbox from the trunk and told me to help myself. Turned out none of them rode, just four good guys (phew!).

Anybody who bad mouths Sportsters A) doesn't know squat about bikes and B) probably couldn't ride one anywhere close to its limits. Never had one myself but I know a good bike when I see one.

I lost oil pressure one day pulled off real quick into a Tires plus ...never got more help in my life at a tire dealer....It was amazing

Back