free website stats program That first real ride on the new scoot... | Harley Davidson Forums

That first real ride on the new scoot...

Scrat

Had the Heritage about 3 weeks. Been out for two short runs in between the rain and other stuff. So, Saturday, I went up to KC to pick up front fenders for the '64 Chevy pickup I'm working on. Gail's was having a get together and there was a million and a half bikes out. Stopped by on my way back south.
Soon as I got home, me and the bike took off. It was only about 75 miles, but man, what a blast! Pulled up to a stop sign and watched 3 Harleys go by.
Everyone waved. Had a black Suburban pull out in front of me. Passed about 8 Harleys going the other way. Everyone waved. Saw a bunch of Harleys. Everyone waved. I don't think I saw anything BUT Harleys. I got waves, thumbs up, V signs and nods of the head from a bunch of cars and trucks. What a kick in the buttocks! It's gonna rain most of the week and then clear up on the weekend. I know where I'm gonna be.

There are not many things much better than the first good ride on a new Harley. Especially if it is your first H.D.:D Enjoy!

Enjoy the new Harley. I rode a Harley for years, and then when I got back into riding I got a 2004 Honda VTX 1300 S. It was a nice bike. Rode the dog out of it for 46,000 miles. Honda got ran over (without me on it which was good.)

Bike got totaled and I picked up a 2005 Electra Glide Standard. What a difference. The ride is awesome. Now I look for a reason to ride, and I smile all the time. Just like coming back home again.

I know how you feel. Enjoy it.

Back