free website stats program tfi | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

tfi

Alright, I'm almost there.

Question for you Glider, if it's backfiring on decel. Which port do I wanna give it little more fuel?. Green-Yellow-Red or the 4th one?.

Alright, I'm almost there.

Question for you Glider, if it's backfiring on decel. Which port do I wanna give it little more fuel?. Green-Yellow-Red or the 4th one?.

I would first check for exhaust leaks.

It depends on where in the RPM range it is backfiring. If it's high RPM it would be the #3, if it's low RPM, it would be #1 (green)

I used the recommended settings other than the green pod, which ended up being exactly the setting they recommended anyway. No backfiring at all and it it runs great. I was thinking there may be some fine tuning to be done, but I really think they nailed it with their recommeded settings right out of the box. I am happy with this product.

I would first check for exhaust leaks.

It depends on where in the RPM range it is backfiring. If it's high RPM it would be the #3, if it's low RPM, it would be #1 (green)

Thanks Glider, when you said high/low, is that mean below/above 2-2.5K rpm mark?.

It's all happened right after I replaced the CycleShack with SEII slip-ons. I got it tuned out for stock pipes and CycleShack pipes and I though the SEII would be the same setting as the CycleShack since they are both slip-ons and both has baffles that came with. I'll play with it some more and see if I can get it to where I wanted it.

Thanks again.

Your crossover pot (#4) is probably set at the #4 position so the low would cross over to the high at that point. Set the low pot with the 1700 RPM setting for best mixture and try adding a touch on the #4 pot. If you add on the green pot the mixture will richen up if you want to try that first but would be running richer than needed for best throttle response.
Some mufflers are prone to popping also, just make sure they are not leaking at the joints.

I'm very sure there's no exhaust leak in the system as I've checked so many times just to make sure.

On both CS and SEII, none of them has crossed over and the port #4 is set at 7, as of right now after trying so many different way from all off to all on, the setting I have right now is 1=2.5, 2=2, 3=4 and 4=7, it run much better and doesn't have the stinky smelling at idle, it has good cruising range and it's ok at mid, but once in awhile, it's makes a "pop pop" at the pipe on decell, not all the time though, I'd say from 10 decels, it may happens once or twice the most.

From what you explain, I would leave it as is. The low restriction slipons will pop from time to time.

One other thought here, try the #4 pot at the 4 setting instead of the default setting of 7. The default setting cuts fuel until about 1200 RPM and may be contributing to your popping.

Last edited:
I just had a FI2000 installed on mine last night. WOW sure makes a world of difference. It is like riding a new HD. I would have gotten the TFI, but I got a great deal on the FI2000. I just could not pass it up.

Glider, changing port # 4 to 4 instead of 7 did the trick, the bike run much better thru all gear range, I tried to make it pops but unless down shifting from 5th(55-60MPH) to 3rd and let the clutch out to slows the bike down(which I never do it on normal riding), I some time heard one "pop pop" but not all the time, other than that, I'm happy now. Thank-You.

Glad that worked. The default setting is used in some cases where too much fuel is being supplied at lower RPM's. Not at all uncommon to get some pop/pop when decelerating with the SE II muffs.

Back