free website stats program Tfi | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Stage 1 Download also called the SERT? If not, what are the differences?

When and if I go to a PCIII, should you tell the people you order it from what mods are existing so the they can pre program correctly(to a point)? Pipes Sert/Stage1 etc?

Last edited:
Is the Stage 1 Download also called the SERT? If not, what are the differences?

When and if I go to a PCIII, should you tell the people you order it from what mods are existing so the they can pre program correctly(to a point)? Pipes Sert/Stage1 etc?

SERT is programmable by the user/tuner, the download is a pre made download to the ECM. Fuel moto can pre program to get you close but it should be dynoed.

The stage 1 is basically raising the rev limiter to 6200 rpm's and about 5% increase in fuel across the board but this is a well guarded secret but harley.

All it does is change the parameters in the ECM .

OK, then what will a Stage 1 Download do without a complete Stage 1 install? How will the bike be affected and run? Also, what will raising the rev limit do for ya?

OK, then what will a Stage 1 Download do without a complete Stage 1 install? How will the bike be affected and run? Also, what will raising the rev limit do for ya?

It will run overly rich without the parts installed and will not run as good as it could. Raising the rev limit really does nothing for ME on a stock engine and will only shorten the life of the engine if it is used frequently.

The bike is already lean from the factory, that's a Datum for sure. I have slip on's with no AC and am going to go ahead with the stage 1. With only 50% of a stage 1 add on, the Stage 1 Download could still only help with everything across the board. On these bikes, a little rich can't possibly hurt anything. Am I wrong in this thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back