free website stats program Tfi? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi?

sprinklerfitter669

Can i install a TFI on my bike, after i had the slip ons, and SE AC plus the download from the dealer?

Do i have to have it re-mapped back to the original, before i can use the TFI?

Can i install a TFI on my bike, after i had the slip ons, and SE AC plus the download from the dealer?

I'm sure someone from Dobeck will give you the "straight-up" on this but I dont believe you have to do the re-map. Slips,A/C and the TFI I believe is all you really need. When I put my new slips, A/C and Fuel-pac on my Ultra, I didnt remap before or after. I'm getting ready to take the FP off and put the Dobeck Gen3 on.

Guys, I think he's saying he's already had the stage 1 download for the ECM done and he wants to know if he needs that un-done. I don't believe you will have to have it un-done. You'll just need to set the TFI a little differently.

I would say absolutely not. The Stage 1 download still leaves your bike Very lean. I have tested it several times on my engine.
I took my stock bike and downloaded a Stage 1 map and did nothing else. You would think that would have made it "OK". When measured with an infra-red, it was not enough, not by a long shot.

I would say you can stack both together without any problem. "Maybe" adjust the pots a bit.

You can install the tFI with the stage 1 mapping. The settings will just be lower on the TFI than with the stock/factory map.

Do it...time to take the TFI plunge & make your scoot run sweeter. Let us know how the install goes. Hardest part is working in cramped qtrs under fuel tank, but be patient & give thought to where you want to run wires.

Do it...time to take the TFI plunge & make your scoot run sweeter. Let us know how the install goes. Hardest part is working in cramped qtrs under fuel tank, but be patient & give thought to where you want to run wires.

Any tips Iceman, i am probably going to order next month, to Install, i am guessing that i have to find somebody with a timing light since i have no Tach

When you disconnect the tank & prop - be careful of the bars & other things hitting top of tank. Of course you don't have to worry about a fairing, but don't want to ding the tank. Once I got the tank loose - laid beach towel over top & propped underneath w/2x4 wrapped w/micro-cloth. This gave enough room to at least get my hands into the FI connectors. Then I placed TFI in side panel (where ABS normally sits) & worked the wires along frame & connected to FI harnesses. Then I pulled back slack & tie-wrapped to various points along the frame - leaving a nice tidy loop near TFI box. Note: I had my exhaust ceramic coated & plugged O2 ports w/NAPA plugs (see gliders post on part#). This way I could totally disconnect O2 sensor wires & tie-wrap away. Then it was pretty much putting everything back in place & tuning. Now you'll get a GEN3 TFI which should pretty much be tuned for your scoot. Call Dobeck b/c there shouldn't be any need for timing light...have fun wrenching away & enjoy the performance.

Back