free website stats program Tfi | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi

lowrider1963

I am going to be putting on a Stage 1 when I hit 1,000 miles and go in for my service. I have read several people say they installed a TFI, is it really necessary, and what will it do?

+ you'll save $$$ on having to take your bike into HD for ECM updates everytime you add performance items to the engine. After about 2-3 trips you have your money back...and don't lose the bike for a day while it's in the shop.

I was one of those guys who was totally confused when it came to fuel management, and I believe it was my first post here asking for help, just like you, I was directed to the TFI by Glider, so I installed one, IT IS THE BEST mod. Ive done to the bike, you will not be sorry, your being guided by the best here, these guys will not mislead you... :) Ride Safe Tim

my 2000 runs good to me but. iam comparing it to my 80 shovel.the tfi would give me more power and cooler running without doing the whole stage one thing. i have stock air claener i think ane screaming eagle slip ons. stock the way it came from police auction.only rode shovels and now my rg only 1500
miles so far.new experience

Time
Was the TFI easy to install, or should I just have the dealer install wne I have them install my Stage 1 upgrade?

Why not do it all yourself. That's the beauty of the TFI, anyone can install it and tune it. Many on the forum have done it with no previous experience. If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, then you can do it. Tools you need are bare minimum common hand tools.

Do a search for TFI on the forum and you'll see many have used it and installed it themselves.

Back