free website stats program TFI Plug Positions | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Plug Positions

glider.

BOT Machine
Posted by Dobeck in reference to which plug from the TFI unit gets plugged into which plug from the bikes harness...

It does NOT matter which pair of injector connectors plugs into the front versus the back, but we do recommend for the 2010+ HD Touring models to plug the connectors with a double pinned red wire and a yellow wire to go to the front cylinder.

Why? These new Harleys have a heat reduction mode where if the engine temperature gets too high they actually shut off the rear cylinder in an effort to reduce the heat. This rarely happens with our unit installed because by adding more fuel at idle we are already keeping the engine temps lower. If this did occur though and our channel 1 connectors (red/yellow wires) was plugged into the rear cylinder then our controller would also shut off. We only power our unit through channel 1.

Seems to me that You (Mr. Data) had this figured out a while back and posted for all to hook this wire to the front cylinder FI..

Remember.. You Da Man......:)

Just a Butter you up post:D

thanks for all You and your Mods. are doing here on HDT.com..

Sincerely....BUBBIE

After riding my bike home from work I went to adjust/tune in my controller....at first, upon restart, it idled fine.....then after about 5 mins the green light started flashing and the bike was running rough..... I called tech support and they said that if the green light is flashing...it's not getting a signal.....and then I read this post. Sure nuff.... I had the channel 1 connector plugged into the rear cylinder. Moved them around and the problem didn't re-occur (rough idling/flashing green light). Tomorrow I'm going to put on new pipes and air cleaner and see if I can tune it.......

I'm looking at getting a TFI from Dobeck too. I have an 08 FLHT which from what I understand you can turn on EITMS. I was thinking of turning this on to reduce heat in slow moving traffic but with the TFI do I even need to turn it on? I understand that the TFI adds more fuel which should cool down the engine making it cooler.
WAP.gif

I'm looking at getting a TFI from Dobeck too. I have an 08 FLHT which from what I understand you can turn on EITMS. I was thinking of turning this on to reduce heat in slow moving traffic but with the TFI do I even need to turn it on? I understand that the TFI adds more fuel which should cool down the engine making it cooler.
WAP.gif

I have the TFI installed on my 2008 FLHX but I always try to remember to activate the EITMS after start up. Why not? It's one more safety valve to keep my engine from overheating.

WAP.gif

HEAT Will Happen EVEN with the TFI or Other fueler types... Unless a water cooled engine, They will and can Over Heat.

To say you will not over heat using a Dobeck TFI,Gen3,Gen4, IS not true.

Adding Fuel to help NOT over heat under Stressed Conditions is done by many other fueler beside Dobeck's FINE fuelers. ALL have their limits.

I speek from MY experience here as I do not work for Dobeck but consider myself Knowledgeable with their products.

The gen4 I use works fine to HELP and it is Great BUT IS NOT Fool Proof product to cool the engine on these harleys.

All Riders of HD's need to learn to keep cool Heads...:s

Needed:
AIR/Water/HD jacketed heads and a Radiator might do That job..

A big Fan operated by a gas lawnmower motor would help. Then a side car would be needed. Hot here in Az...

Hmmmm

Hey TANK,,, Found another product to Build that Might make us a MINT...:lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited:
Back