free website stats program TFI install - '05 Deluxe Help | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI install - '05 Deluxe Help

twoup

Morning all,

I'm having a hard time finding where two of the connectors on the TFI/DFO
connect. I see where the two larger FUEL INJECTOR CONNECTORS go but
I do not see where the two smaller connectors go. I do not see any connector
types where they will fit.

Please help.

thanx

Vince

sounds like you got the one for a bike that has oxygen sensors. the 95 doesn't use oxygen sensors......I would think it would work with out having to hook it up to the Oxygen sensors, but I don't know for sure.:dknow, glider might know, or you could probably call the custom service and ask the people that make it.

sounds like you got the one for a bike that has oxygen sensors. the 95 doesn't use oxygen sensors......I would think it would work with out having to hook it up to the Oxygen sensors, but I don't know for sure.:dknow, glider might know, or you could probably call the custom service and ask the people that make it.

Thanx Wildspirit97, maybe that's what they are for. Ordered unit from chart with my bike mods. Stock 88ci t/c. SE Stage 1 (air, pipes, download). I called support at Techlusion and they're open 8-5 Monday - Friday. Punched in 100 for George
voice mail, doesn't go anywhere. Just keeps playing info commercial then drops. Punched in 0 for operator. No operator.

Waiting for Glider to come on. He'll know. Or even Hobbit. Actually, there are
a lot of folks here that will know.

Vince (in wait mode)

I could be wrong I never used the tfi, but I used the cobra fr2000 and I think it hooks up the same way, can you post a picture of the hook up?

does it look like this?

Attachments

• DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong I never used the tfi, but I used the cobra fr2000 and I think it hooks up the same way, can you post a picture of the hook up?

does it look like this?

nope...(trying to attach pics)

Attachments

• conn1.jpg
    conn1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 31
  • part#.jpg
    part#.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Assuming you got the correct model TFI for your application, those two plugs could be for the 02 sensors but you don't have them. Check for the proper TFI for your bike.

Assuming you got the correct model TFI for your application, those two plugs could be for the 02 sensors but you don't have them. Check for the proper TFI for your bike.

Morn'n Glider,

Attachments

• conns.jpg
    conns.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 27
  • part#1.jpg
    part#1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 18
as I posted above.....it "piggy backs" the injector wire.

are the hook ups coming off the same wire? the tfi "piggy backs" the injector wires........you unplug the wire from the injectors and plug the into the receiver on the tfi unit the plug the one from the tfi unit to the injectors.

is this the unit you got?http://www.dobeckperformance.com/TFI%20INSTRUCTIONS/TFI%201040ST/TFI%201040st%20Instructions.pdf

Been there Wildspirit97, and the same instructions came with the unit.

Step 5 says Disconnect the factory injector connectors from the fuel injectors and replace with the TFI injector
connectors from the TFI unit, it does not matter which order they are hooked up. (For Touring see figure #6,7,8, Softail 5,6,7, and Dyna 4,5,6).

I don't see anywhere any instruction for the other two connectors or a 'note'
which says anything about the two smaller connectors.

Back