free website stats program TFI Gen III Settings-2007 Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Gen III Settings-2007 Road King

Love how those "easy" bike projects change to "should do this & that" while I have this off. My GEN3 project last weekend stretched over two days...took the tank off & cleaned/wrapped/fixed little annoying things from factory build. Who would've known there's a channel on Right side (under tank) that's perfeck for running the fueler control lines to your injectors...:D Maybe this is just on FLHX, but I used this & ran GEN3 control head to Right side cover so I can see the lights & adjust fairly quick (side panel off = tuner). You will be impressed w/std tune - mine runs like a top. Enjoy!

My neighbor did make a comment that this was the first fuel controller project where someone ended up messing with the headlight. :D The previous owner had some wires hooked up for some electronics I will never use, so I got rid of the wires, and after seeing how he had them wired, I'm glad I did. :s

Will know more tonight!

My neighbor did make a comment that this was the first fuel controller project where someone ended up messing with the headlight. :D The previous owner had some wires hooked up for some electronics I will never use, so I got rid of the wires, and after seeing how he had them wired, I'm glad I did. :s

Will know more tonight!

I could not believe how this modification changed my bike. I could not believe that it would reduce the heat but it did. If I remember correctly it was this info all learned on this forum that made me a contributor. I do want to be clear though there was nothing "wrong" with the orginal/factory recommended settings. It ran just great, I just wanted to try and squeeze a little more fuel mileage out of each tank.

I could not believe how this modification changed my bike. I could not believe that it would reduce the heat but it did. If I remember correctly it was this info all learned on this forum that made me a contributor. I do want to be clear though there was nothing "wrong" with the orginal/factory recommended settings. It ran just great, I just wanted to try and squeeze a little more fuel mileage out of each tank.

1. Some eat their pancakes without a thing on them... HD

2. Some like to put butter and syrup on them... Normal

3. some like to drown them in the stuff... quite a few

4. some Lather it on THICK and GOOEY... ME ABNormal

But not always do I get the RightTools to accomplish all FOUR of the above.

UNTIL GEN4 By Dobecks...

I NOW can do MY Pancakes the way I want to and change for More OR Less on the Fly...

Must be Hungry this morning...:D

signed....BUBBIE

1. Some eat their pancakes without a thing on them... HD

2. Some like to put butter and syrup on them... Normal

3. some like to drown them in the stuff... quite a few

4. some Lather it on THICK and GOOEY... ME ABNormal

But not always do I get the RightTools to accomplish all FOUR of the above.

UNTIL GEN4 By Dobecks...

I NOW can do MY Pancakes the way I want to and change for More OR Less on the Fly...

Must be Hungry this morning...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Maybe a change of screen name to ABBubbie Normal....you know like tha brain in the movie

Wow! That is my thoughts so far, I cannot believe how much cooler the bike is. At this point, I don't really care about the gas mileage, it can stay the same and I would be thrilled. My husband & I road one day in May, temps in the mid 90's and the bike was really uncomfortable due to the amount of heat. I never measured the temps, but I would bet there is probably a 15-20* cooler. It's much more pleasurable to ride now. Did I mention that the bike sounds great to boot? :D

I have run about 2 tanks of fuel through it since the upgrade and the mileage seems to be running about 43-44 mpg. That is 3-5 mpg than I was getting before. I'm okay with that. My deuce was getting in the low to mid 40's, so with a bigger bike & bigger engine, I'm quite content. :D :D

Thank you all for all your help & assistance, and did I mention, I'm thrilled with the K&N filter I bought from Webtron? :D

And for Bubbie, I like blueberry pancakes with butter! :bigsmiley17:

Back