free website stats program TFI all leds flashing at idle | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI all leds flashing at idle

alton

I was able to get a fi-1040hpst for almost free. It was never used. I have put it on my 97 electra glide. I have high flow air filter, and V&H True Duels. I know that the hp is for over 85 hp, but I figured I would adjust it on the lower side on the red(main jet). I warmed the engine then cut motor off and connected the ground. I then restarted and I get all the lights flashing at idle. when I bring up to 1800-2000 rpm to adjust the green, the green goes solid and I get the green pot adjusted for smooth run. but after I let it go back to Idle all the lights start flashing again. From what I read the green should stay solid. any help would be great.

Alton; Sorry to say that I have forgotten most of what I knew about the Doebeck TFI systems and everything that I knew about the MM fuel injection system. Hopefully someone else can jog some brain cells for you.

Dobeck Performance, 877-764-3337 or 406-388-2377. Their techs are very helpful and will walk you through the process.

I had a Doebeck TFI system that I installed myself on a new 07 heritage FLSTCI... If I remember right, the green light would flash at ide and go solid with throttle.... I didn't worry about it as it leaned the motor out like I wanted. I called doebeck and the guy said the exhaust should smell like a 69 camaro and it did....lol. That bike ran very lean and very hot until I put the TFI on it. It had stage 1 with Vance & Hines longshots.

I had a Doebeck TFI system that I installed myself on a new 07 heritage FLSTCI... If I remember right, the green light would flash at ide and go solid with throttle.... I didn't worry about it as it leaned the motor out like I wanted. I called doebeck and the guy said the exhaust should smell like a 69 camaro and it did....lol. That bike ran very lean and very hot until I put the TFI on it. It had stage 1 with Vance & Hines longshots.
I meant to say it added more fuel ...I could shift into 6th gear at 50 mph if I wanted to. No way I could do that before the tuner.

I got dobeck to call me back. When is is below the rpm thresh hold the lights will flash and no adjustment is made to the fuel curve. as soon as I get it up to 1300 rpm it goes into solid green enrichment. dobeck said that is not a problem. I would love for it to add fuel at idle to cool the motor down in traffic, but its not a deal breaker. I just took it for some around the block tests. it seams a lot better on response. I will get the full pull done when it gets over 45 deg. in outside temp. Thanks for the replies.

Back