free website stats program Taller mirrors for my Sportster? | Harley Davidson Forums

Taller mirrors for my Sportster?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
I've noticed with the stock mirrors on my 08 Sportster, I can barely see behind me! I basically get a really nice look at my shoulders/arms, and cannot get the mirrors adjusted to give me a good rear view.

So, can anyone recommend some higher mirrors for me? Thanks! :cheers

anything much more than stock will vibrate. I put the little blind spot mirrors on my roadster it does help. Ride Safe Doug

Interesting... I bought my Sportster with wide 'bars and I can read the licence plate of cars behind me from either mirror! Problem is that the bar width limits my ability to lane-split at traffic lights so I was going to put the standard ones back on (also came with the bike). I never thought about the impact on the mirrors though...

I got a simple little mirror extension kit from my HD dealer and all is well with the world again! :D

A lot of people have this same problem and I found that most times it can be helped by adjusting the stems on the mirrors so they are in line with each other across the bike/bars instead of being in line with the grips like some are, then readjusting the mirror head for best visibility. Worked for me.

Longer stems usually only cause more distortion in the mirror.

Back