free website stats program taking a poll | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

taking a poll

Just wanted to know if there is a correct way of getting on and off the scoot. I had a guy chew me out that I was getting on the bike from the wrong side. Is there such a thing? I get on that is most comfortable for me and where I have the best control.

I figure the side that is closer and more convenient is the proper side. Saves walking allll the way around.

I mount/dismount from the stand side; the Mrs from the right side to use the better foot.
Interesting to hear about police practices and good to keep in mind when getting on/off near traffic.

most of times on n off kick stand side. it's a habit really...
if taller than average, it's easy from either side.

is there such a thing, right or wrong way?..

It's my bike and my bod - I do whatever I want depending on the need regarding safety (traffic, etc), parking issues (too close to another bike or a cage, etc) and if one part of the bod is more painful/sturdy than another. If someone would question, or better, correct me, I guess I would have to be there to know exactly what I would do, but you know it would be extra noisy as we rode away :naughty

Just wanted to know if there is a correct way of getting on and off the scoot. I had a guy chew me out that I was getting on the bike from the wrong side. Is there such a thing? I get on that is most comfortable for me and where I have the best control.

Just tell him that if he pulled that stick out of his --- he wouldn't have any problem getting on either side! :lero

Just do what feels right to you and don't worry about what any body says. That way you'll get a reputation of having a bad attitude and they'll stop messin with you. :lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling

Law enforcement also mount and dismount from the right side to be away from traffic and also use the bike as a barrier to hide behind in a fire fight.

I also agree with all that said it is my bike and I will mount it the way I want to!

For the Poll, I mount and dismount from the kick stand side unless I can't because of obstructions like at a gas pump or a garage wall etc.

Scott

Back