free website stats program "Take off" bars for 09 FLHTCU-need 2" pullback | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Take off" bars for 09 FLHTCU-need 2" pullback

Your dealer is telling you the truth. If you install HD pullbacks, your arms/elbows/shoulders will take up probably half of your mirror view. I still need to replace mine but the bike is still rideable so I'm not losing alot of sleep over it.

Thank you B-1B... I like the look with the stock mirrors so I'll explore other options...

Thank you B-1B... I like the look with the stock mirrors so I'll explore other options...
Little hint here...........the tear drop mirrors work well, look good and give you about 2" more side vision on each side. Also when ya buy em make sure they are also sold singely, some are, some aren't. It kinda makes ya mad when ya gotta buy a set and you only need one.

Thanks again all--- Will probably go with the 2" pullback HD bars, self installed. Good to hear that standard cables etc. will work.

Regards,
AR

Thanks again all--- Will probably go with the 2" pullback HD bars, self installed. Good to hear that standard cables etc. will work.

Regards,
AR

Hey mate,
I just did it so feel free to PM me if you want to chat. Yes! it was a good swap to do!!! :DI've got a summary of the job on this site.

Cheers:cheers

Neil

When you do the swap your stock clutch cable will be a little snug. You'll need to reroute it inside the fairing and possibly readjust at the frame downtube. The instructions on this site are well written and accurate. If you don't already have a rider backrest, buy one now. They are $ well spent.

gmurdock... did you have to change out your mirrors? The catalog states new cables, which you didn't need, and mirrors... my dealer told me both...

No I can see OK with the mirrors. It depends on how you adjust your Bars. I kept mine just about the same hight as the OEMs but back towards me. I did run my clutch cable along the bars. You just have to lossen up the adjustment nuts & the cable will come out of the handgrip. Remember the green connection for the FBW inside the handlebar. The instructions I read just said disconnect the wires there are 2 connections 1 big one by the fairing & the other 1 inside the bars just push the wires into the bar while pulling on the noched FBW plastic on the end of the handlebar. Just as the big one get to the handlebar you will see the little green one. Took a friend & I about 3 1/2 hours. Took our time. Have the manual. Instructions told most of what you need to know.

Back