free website stats program Tail of the dragon | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the dragon

When you do spend the night, where do you stay? I'm thinking some place in Bryson City since that would be centrally located. But we are also looking for a place that is reasonable, clean, and has some restaurants around. Any good places that are priced right?

Ozone, when we ride the Dragon, it’s normally a one day trip, and we rack up over 350 miles, so the back roads there, and back would not be practical for a one day round trip, hence the interstate.
From Corbin it’s a good ride to Middlesboro picking up 33 thru Tenn, down to 640 and hooking up with 129 in Knoxville, good roads too as is 192 , an excellent road choice, I ride it a lot. We do take two day trips too, in which case a must ride is the Cherohala Parkway, which is south of the Dragon, that is some premium riding there.
Also the Foothills Parkway is a short connect from 129 over to Townsend for some great river riding along the Pigeon River into Gatlinburg.
When you get closer to taking your trip, let me know and I’ll send you a suggested route or gladly help in anyway possible. There is some great riding around here.

thanks for answering ozone's questions bm, youre much more familiar with the area and the route I would have hated to get him lost...lol...:s

When you do spend the night, where do you stay? I'm thinking some place in Bryson City since that would be centrally located. But we are also looking for a place that is reasonable, clean, and has some restaurants around. Any good places that are priced right?

Ozone, sorry but I do not know much about Bryson. I generally stay in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Perhaps another reader can assist you with that town better than I. The rates right now are very low for Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, 50 bucks can get you a nice room and there are hundreds of eating choices. Hope you find what you seek in the Bryson area.:bigsmiley17:

:17:
Ozone, when we ride the Dragon, it’s normally a one day trip, and we rack up over 350 miles, so the back roads there, and back would not be practical for a one day round trip, hence the interstate.
From Corbin it’s a good ride to Middlesboro picking up 33 thru Tenn, down to 640 and hooking up with 129 in Knoxville, good roads too as is 192 , an excellent road choice, I ride it a lot. We do take two day trips too, in which case a must ride is the Cherohala Parkway, which is south of the Dragon, that is some premium riding there.
Also the Foothills Parkway is a short connect from 129 over to Townsend for some great river riding along the Pigeon River into Gatlinburg.
When you get closer to taking your trip, let me know and I’ll send you a suggested route or gladly help in anyway possible. There is some great riding around here.
That was the route we took last Oct. Stopped at Colbach Harley in Morristown on the way back. Dreamed of a new bike they had in there. Anyway, have you ordered your pic yet? Oh yea, I went through a pair of brakes. They needed replaced anyway. http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/southkyreb/Picture020.jpg
Wish I could have been with you all........

Last edited:
We actually camped in Bryson City and ate on the river at a nice place.

Slickrick and I on the Dragon, me in front, So what you doin there Slickrick paying taxes on both sides the road :lolrolling. Is my butt really that wide,,

Gapride1.jpg

Slickrick and I on the Dragon, me in front, So what you doin there Slickrick paying taxes on both sides the road :lolrolling. Is my butt really that wide,,

Gapride1.jpg

yep you caught me crossing the line...lol...but it kinda looks like I'm just following your lead :bigsmiley20:

Back