free website stats program Tail lights all red???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail lights all red????

bb156ny

Account Removed
Hi everyone. I have a question about changing the lighting on the back of my 07 Heritage Softail to all red lens brake and turn signals in one? I want to do this for better visibillity at night because I ride home from work at 1:00 AM in the morning. I know Harley offers this kit but I don't want to start a wiring problem. Thanks a lot ,BB156

Hi everyone. I have a question about changing the lighting on the back of my 07 Heritage Softail to all red lens brake and turn signals in one? I want to do this for better visibillity at night because I ride home from work at 1:00 AM in the morning. I know Harley offers this kit but I don't want to start a wiring problem. Thanks a lot ,BB156

Get the Harley run,brake, turn signal module. No wiring problems to worry about. You just unplug your wiring harness for the lights and plug this unit inline. Easy and works great. As for the red, it's just a matter of changing the lens covers. There is a little gap on the bottem between the plastic lens cover and the chrome bullet light housing. Use something thin and pop the lens cover off and snap the new red lens cover in place. I think the module comes with the lenses. The module makes all rear lights on at the same time for running and the signals blink when you turn them on. From a distance at night it makes the rear of your bike look 3 feet wide. Really made me feel more comfortable.

Get the Harley run,brake, turn signal module. No wiring problems to worry about. You just unplug your wiring harness for the lights and plug this unit inline. Easy and works great. As for the red, it's just a matter of changing the lens covers. There is a little gap on the bottem between the plastic lens cover and the chrome bullet light housing. Use something thin and pop the lens cover off and snap the new red lens cover in place. I think the module comes with the lenses. The module makes all rear lights on at the same time for running and the signals blink when you turn them on. From a distance at night it makes the rear of your bike look 3 feet wide. Really made me feel more comfortable.

Thanks 1nuckenfut for the info. I had seen the light kit on another bike at night and like you said { 3 feet wide } it was real easy to see. THX again ,BB156ny

Hi everyone. I have a question about changing the lighting on the back of my 07 Heritage Softail to all red lens brake and turn signals in one? I want to do this for better visibility at night because I ride home from work at 1:00 AM in the morning. I know Harley offers this kit but I don't want to start a wiring problem. Thanks a lot ,BB156

Here's what I did and I get a lot of people saying the wanted to do the same thing because of the visability from the rear at night. I just posted this earlier today, there's a pic at the bottom in a link.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/1019-adding_lights_to_the_rear_of_your_bike.html

RK20R-1.jpg

Last edited:
You can find those lights all over ebay if you go there for good prices. Just make sure they are the 3 wire lights (double filaments) from the front of a bike.

If visibility is your main concern, I've seen some bikes around that put some LED lights on the frame and such. It really brightens up the bike at night.

Doc

I was thinking of that also for the bike nights I go to. These lights work really great and at night with the unfluted lenses they are just what I wanted. A few of my buddies I ride with want me to hook them up with these too. All I need is the time.:s

I was thinking of something like this below.

RKlights.jpg

I put the Harley run,brake, turn signal module on my Fat Boy. It took about 20 minutes to concect the module and chage lenses. The hardest part was getting the seat off and back on.

Back