free website stats program T Max Installation Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

T Max Installation Issues

glider.

BOT Machine
Just a heads up here...

Some have experienced problems after the installation of the T Max ignition module from Zippers. It seems as if certain features like the odometer or trip meter do not work after the T Max is installed.

Our member biscuit post this in reference to this issue.

If that's the 'Distance to empty' or 'Low fuel light' you're talking about,then you've done nothing wrong.
Zippers /Thundermax had a firmware issue with these 2 functions and are working on a free upgrade now.Apparently you'll get
it as a download through their Smartlink Tuning Software.
I actually thought that was mentioned in their instructions.
If you're worried send an e mail to pete.s@zippersperformance.com

That's Pete Stewart at Zippers.He'll fill you in.

re to heads up i also had the same problem and found the t max fix followed the instructions to the letter and now when i fill up it reads 999 miles to E althoug i woul love that kind of miles lol when it counts down it moves in 3 miles to every one mile increments the unit performs well the low fule light works right but it also spark knocks in 6th gear would love to know the fix:D

The same thing is happening to mine with the DTE information. I have done the TMax DTE service bulletin several times and still no luck with the DTE.
I also have experienced the pinging in 6th gear at about 2500 rpm accelerating under load. My bro has mentioned that will be too low rpm for that load. The newer 103 cu in bikes have changed the gearing to compensate for a primary chain issue... I guess he is never operating in that bandwidth anymore. I'm not running in sixth until 70-75 mph. That seems to have cured my problem for the most part.

I have heard that some required communication between ECM and OEM Speedo will not occur. The speedo will act funny every so many miles. Cycling power will clear that out. They may have fixed that, but for '07s I have heard that it is an issue.

If I ever have to replace the ECM, this will be the choice, so I can talk to the ECM without the propietary HD tools. I hate being locked out.

Enjoy,
Rich P

i took my 2010 to jims cycle in waco they did a dyno tune on it and it has never run better they spent about an hour and a half and were very good bike starts great runs better then ever well spent 52 bucks and took 90 percent of the sixth gear ping out from sixty on up lots more power

i took my 2010 to jims cycle in waco they did a dyno tune on it and it has never run better they spent about an hour and a half and were very good bike starts great runs better then ever well spent 52 bucks and took 90 percent of the sixth gear ping out from sixty on up lots more power

Only $52.00.... Most shops around here charge a minimum of of 3 hours at $90/hr...

Back