free website stats program Synthetics in an older bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetics in an older bike

Well after reading this I'm tempted to make the change in the 90 Lowrider. It's got about 30K on it. Doesn't appear to be using oil......if it's been setting it will puff a little at first start up. I figure that's a valve stem seal. Who knows, this might help reduce our dependency on OPEC......yeah.......right.

if you want to switch to syn oil do so with no worries. hey spectro makes a syn/dino blend might be a good choice

My 1999 FXDWG has 150,000 miles running synthetic mostly for last seven years odd time on road trips whatever oil I could get engine has never been re built.

Had a 1994 FXR when I sold it had 145,000 miles on it I ran everything in that from synthetic to cheapest oil out there to aircraft oil bike is still on the road it has over 160,000 miles engine has not been rebuilt.

Change it 3000 miles to 4000 depending on were I am at.

Switched my '98 EVO in 2000 to Mobil1 V-twin 20w-50. No problems.
Noticed oil was dirty quickly so now I do the "complete" oil change.
Look it up on the forum if you don't know what this is. (another topic with a ton of info).
I use the oil filter attachment for the EVO to get the last 26-30 oz. of oil out.

Back