free website stats program Synthetic Oils In New Motors | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oils In New Motors

Glider,
good advise on the break in, but how does one do that buying the bike 100+ miles from the house? Is this something the dealer does or at least informs you to do? Mine didn't.

Glider,
good advise on the break in, but how does one do that buying the bike 100+ miles from the house? Is this something the dealer does or at least informs you to do? Mine didn't.

It's not a difficult thing to do under any circumstances. Once you leave the dealer find a road near by where you can do it. The dealer never usually breaks bikes in except some wrenches that test ride it and beat the snot out of it as I have seen firsthand. That's why mine doesn't go back to the dealer.

I Like Mobil 1 V Twin in the engine, Spectro platinum six speed oil in the trans and performance+ from the dealer in the primary.

As far as seating your rings in now, it' wouldn't hurt any thing but they have already taken a set to the shape of the cylinder.

Quick question glider, I had a guy ask me about running the Mobil 1 Syn. in all three (motor, trans., and primary) whats your take on this?

This comes up a lot same oil or lube in all holes can you do it yes, is it the best?
Think about this for a bit would you put gear lube in your engine? I think not then why would you put engine oil in you transmission?
A high quality SNY gear lube makes the transmission quieter, and smother.
And IMO protects it better over the long haul.
The primary is a wet clutch and chain syn engine oils have properties and additives that may not be best for the wet clutch over time. There are SYN lubes made for the primary that are not engine oils.
M1 Vtwin is a fine engine oil and will server you well in the engine.
Trans Oil Poll - Harley Davidson Community
Primary Lube Poll - Page 12 - Harley Davidson Community
Engine Oil Poll - Page 25 - Harley Davidson Community
Oil Filter Poll - Page 12 - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks for the info. smitty, I don't do it, and I didn't sit there and debate with him cause i'm not completely up to date on everything out there, but knew I could come home and get up to date with you guys, and what you said makes complete sense, can't wait to see him again...:D, this time with more info.!

Back