free website stats program Sundowner Seat: Beware! | Harley Davidson Forums

Sundowner Seat: Beware!

Drew

While the seat is VERY comfortable, it will also push you forward a good couple of inches. I am 6'1" and ride an XL, and was looking for a more comfortable seat (than stock) that would push me back a little... the parts person at the shop said the sundowner would... WRONG! So, now I have 15 minutes of saddle time in an expensive seat that I'm gonna replace again with my stock seat. I'm hoping the dealership will take it back, but I'm not holding my breath.

If not, anyone in the Chicago area need a brand new sundowner seat? Honestly, let me know.

thanks
Drew

THIS SEAT IS NOW FOR SALE. CHECK THE BUY/SELL/TRADE SECTION FOR LISTING

Last edited:
Sundowner must be different for each model. Mine is comfortable, as you said, and I haven't noticed a huge change in seating position.

If the dealer told you it would move you back and it did just the opposite, I would really hope they would take it back if it's still in new condition.

Word! The Sundowner (edit:newsmile055:). It did the same for me pushed me closer and up as well. Hated it!! The stealer also told me that it would push me back as well not the case!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you guys installed them backwards! :p

I like my Sundowner, my engine's never burned my legs off, I've never encountered the bagger wobble, and I like the sound of my bike perfectly stock. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really riding a Harley!

I would think the dealer would take it back.
When I bought a Rallyrunner seat, my dealer said They would take it back if I didn't like it.

The dealer ended up taking it back (after I saw no one on this board showed an interest). So I now have a credit at the dealership, which is fine by me... that will be easy money to spend. Turns out I just had to talk to the "right" person over there. I was pleased with how things were resolved. I am now back to my stock seat, and much happier.

My dealer has the full line-up of 2009's in stock... I spent an hour sitting on the different bikes. I think I want 6 of 'em we'll see how that goes over with the wife :51:

The dealer ended up taking it back (after I saw no one on this board showed an interest). So I now have a credit at the dealership, which is fine by me... that will be easy money to spend. Turns out I just had to talk to the "right" person over there. I was pleased with how things were resolved. I am now back to my stock seat, and much happier.

My dealer has the full line-up of 2009's in stock... I spent an hour sitting on the different bikes. I think I want 6 of 'em we'll see how that goes over with the wife :51:

H-m-m new seat or new bike, big choice here...:small3d031:

Back