free website stats program Sugar in gas tank! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sugar in gas tank!

If doing it yourself, SirDimsdale has you covered...just make sure the last step using an air compressor to dry the interior throughly is key and use a bit of Seafoam/Gumout/Chemtool mixed with the fresh fuel going in and you should be good to go. Fuel is essentially a solvent, the Seafoam has a catalyst to help disburse the contaminants so they can be burned. Fuel injectors now have ceramic tips that under high fuel pressure tolerate cleaning fluids well. If you think carbon has built up, the fuel/cleaner mixture under high temperature will clean the combustion chambers and such well with a few tankfuls of "brisk" highway driving. after all your fluids have been changed out.

all sounds good
They had a part on the TV show MythBuster and tried sugar in the gas tank. It ran just fine, did not cause any problems.
Could be something else.
You mean to tell me I put sugar in all of the tanks of all of my enemies, real or imagined, all of these years years and it didn't do any harm? Dang! Where was Myth Busters years ago is what I want to know! :p

Last edited:
You mean to tell me I put sugar in all of the tanks of all of my enemies, real or imagined, all of these years years and it didn't do any harm? Dang! Where was Myth Busters years ago is what I want to know! :p

Yea really!!!!!:small3d007:

Sell the bike to the last owners wife :p

I really got a GREAT deal on the bike. I know both of them 2 as this is small town USA. I have talked to her she even when on a few rides with us . As far as the guy that did the surgar I will run into him someday and will love to gloat that I have his old bike and it is running like a champ!!!!!!!!!!
Kill them with kindness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caustic acid????? Jumbo shrimp? Military intelligence? I must've missed this in chemistry class...

Yep, the acids they used to clean and rod out the radiators was very caustic, take a look at the floor and the protective gear they wear when doing radiator repairs, its another reason it is becoming a lost art, plus most radiators today are plastic tank ones with aluminum cores pinched together on the ends, not much to repair any more cheaper to just replace IMO

A Small amount of denatured alchol mixed with the gasoline will absorb any water left in the tank. Maybe 1/4 cup to 5 gal.

Try using vinager. Yea I know it sounds crazy, but you would not believe how good it cleans rust and old fuel residue out of tanks. It wont hurtyour paint and you can even drink it without harm. Would'nt recommend it though.Ask your wife vinager is good for all kinds of things.Easy to clean out and wont harm your engine.

Back