free website stats program Stupid Mistake and Polite Cagers | Harley Davidson Forums

Stupid Mistake and Polite Cagers

Sharky1948

Wife and I were out riding last night on a local highway. Shortly after hopping on the road, a cager went by and pointed to the rear of the bike. Right after that another guy did the same and opened his window shouting "you lost a bag!"
Sure enough, I hadn't secured the right bag (Boss Bag removable) correctly and it bounced off. We were able to go back and recover it...only minimal damage to the bag. Thanks to the cagers, we have our full complement of luggage! And, I've learned a lesson on checking the security of the mounts!

"Cagers" get such a bad rap on all of the motorcycle forums for a variety of reasons but the majority of them are still pretty much like you and me, they're just stuck in a four wheeled vehicle! I try to never ride in a rude or show off manner, hoping that the whole karma/circle of life thing really works. Obviously it did for you!

Last edited:
I agree. All "cagers" are not bad. I as well as many others was a "cager" before I was a "biker". Not everyone is as lucky we are to be able to ride.

I agree with the above comments.

And, while I try always to be polite, when I'm in biker clothing I go out of my way to be helpful and courteous to folks. I'd like to think it helps improve our image. Nothing like being in leathers and picking up a baby's pacifier, binky, or whatever you refer to it as, and returning it to the mother to be cleaned to change a view or two!

glad ya found it .. i drive a cage all day so i try to be nice to everyone.. hard to do service work on a Bike

Back