free website stats program Stumped, Need Help...Sportster Running Rough! | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stumped, Need Help...Sportster Running Rough!

Jack if you read the link i supplied it explains a wee bit about the reason for pro fst being devolped for the british climate and as i am fairly far north we suffer more than down south as the miserable weather season seems to last about 13 months of the year it just gets more miserable in the winter and less miserable in the summer :p

Brian

As i have never been to a harley dealer might have a problem finding it however i have used silkolene pro fst which was developed by silkolene at the request of kawaski uk to try and find a solution to the carb icing problem with kawasaki motorcycles fitted with keihin carbs
Fuchs Silkolene Powersports Oils & Lubricants
However the mikuni carb works resonably well without any treatments and perhaps gives a wee bit of a perfomance boost

Brian
The Hd idle boost cleans mine right up. Ive just seen where you are though, And I know that you get proper winter up there, Maybe put some Irn brew in the tank. ?:yes

Jack if you read the link i supplied it explains a wee bit about the reason for pro fst being devolped for the british climate and as i am fairly far north we suffer more than down south as the miserable weather season seems to last about 13 months of the year it just gets more miserable in the winter and less miserable in the summer :p

Brian

Good read, Thanks Brian:D

Duralt sold by H D will do the same thing and clean the fuel system ans help keep carbon from building, you can use a lesser grade of gas with this with out knock or ping
we,ve not got any choice of lower grade gas in the U.K. Thats all we seem to get. anyone ever tried Avgas in the Harley.

The Hd idle boost cleans mine right up. Ive just seen where you are though, And I know that you get proper winter up there, Maybe put some Irn brew in the tank. ?:yes

Irn bru would be for the sothern part of scotland moray cup was the fluid of most favour in this area however there is another fluid that is good at burning that is created in great quantity in this area
it has been pretty dry this winter as temp needs to get above freezing for it to be wet but i have been able to get the car home for over a week now and we got our bins emptied on monday it was the first time the bin lorry could get here since november

Brian

They run like a scalded dog, but too spendy for me any more
HHMM theres an airfield by me and the guy is happy to sell it, I used to by it for my two stroke trials bike, and it ran perfect. Do you know if it can cause any damage to the Harley motor, Maybe the ignition timing would want adjusting, I dont know, but would love to give it a go, I might try a drop in my 883.:)

HHMM theres an airfield by me and the guy is happy to sell it, I used to by it for my two stroke trials bike, and it ran perfect. Do you know if it can cause any damage to the Harley motor, Maybe the ignition timing would want adjusting, I dont know, but would love to give it a go, I might try a drop in my 883.:)

Probably not unless you run too much of it it :s

Back