free website stats program Stroker opinions please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stroker opinions please

IMO strokers have way more torque, better take them with a hole shot they keep thumping and pulling hard thru a different power band:s

Yes Jack you are Absolutely correct. They do. But regardless of the added torque or H.P.,, it is added power or a gain in torque during a fairly narrow rpm range, hence the need for a transmission and 6 different gear ratio's.

On the other hand, less weight is an advantage from zero mph all the way up to the speed of light.

Yes Jack you are Absolutely correct. They do. But regardless of the added torque or H.P.,, it is added power or a gain in torque during a fairly narrow rpm range, hence the need for a transmission and 6 different gear ratio's.

On the other hand, less weight is an advantage from zero mph all the way up to the speed of light.

100 percent here Hoop, without the right gearing big inchers are just that big inchers they used to say if you want more inches stroke it, can I say that?:D

Your right. Either the lighter bike is a sled or the 103 is a rocket. Sorry about that.

That has been my question from the get go. His bike is an ultra with everything on it and mine is a wg with just bags. His bike weighs at least 250 more than mine and I have a hard time believing he can run that hard with the only (Seaming) difference being the 8 cu. in. from the stroker. I believe I can now run with or perhaps beat him but he has one strong runnin bagger because mine aint no slouch. when we were both stock I could be 2-up and he was alone and I could beat him with out trying too hard, now, it's a real race. something isn't adding up here and that's why i've been asking you gurus these questions. I've been racing most of my life, go-karts-motorcycles, cars off-roaders etc. and been a wrench my whole life and something doesn't add up here unless he's lying to me about his mods

I would say he not telling you the whole truth are you sure it's just stroked not bored out as well? My 110 cvo stg 1 is quick but my lighter dyna with a 103 stg 3 would wipe the floor with it, if all things are equal then the lighter bike wins, I dont believe he is at a lower compression either something as you say does not add up
WAP.gif

I've been building engines and racing pretty much my whole life and I'm 62. I take great pride in my equipment and putting things together right, and I'm just not understanding this scenario. He says he has the stroker and the pistons to make it a 103, low compression pistons and 211 cams, rinehart true duals, k&n filter and, according to him, that's it----very strange. I have a 95" with 9.4:1 pistons, 211 cams, v&h 2into1s stock needle with 2 washers, 195 main jet and 46 pilot and k&n filter. somebody's :)newsmile055:) somebody and it aint me.---grrrrrr.
WAP.gif

I forgot to mention that he said the guy matched the ports on his heads but did not put in bigger valves or open the heads up, heck, I did that too. perhaps I need to send the heads out to somebody and have them gone through

I forgot to mention that he said the guy matched the ports on his heads but did not put in bigger valves or open the heads up, heck, I did that too. perhaps I need to send the heads out to somebody and have them gone through

HMMMM, how about a teardown and measure,the loser pays?

HMMMM, how about a teardown and measure,the loser pays?

I've known him since 67,Army, and he is as tight as the paint on my tank.I'll keep tweaking until I trounce him and then he'll probably put in a Jim's 130 just to show me what for. If I can beat you I'll tell you what I did to mine and then just smile. I built a hot vw years ago and found out that some guy had a porsche engine (4 cyl) in his bug so I challenged him to a race. He said no so I offered to make it a $50 run (1972) so he said he'd run me just so I'd leave him alone. I beat him 3 for 3 with about 100 spectactors and was now instantly in the vw engine building business and did pretty good for a few years. I've been wanting to get out of the car repair business and get into Harley engine building so this may help head me in that direction

Do you folks think the 195 jet is about right for 95" and 211s with the v&h 2into1s and stock heads at 9.4:1?

You used the words "at least 250#" when speaking of the weight difference between the two bikes. I was hoping when you said 250# it was really more like 175#. Now using the word "at least",, this is worse than I thought. If that is a true fact and not just an wild estimate, your going to need more than a little extra fuel to offset that much weight with horsepower. Your talking about 25% of the total weight. I think your going to need a bunch of HP to offset that and I just can't see you extracting that much muscle by just adding more fuel.

How does your bike inject spark advance. Would you know what the curve is. Is it triggered from a crank sensor or is it a self contained module with window trigger/reluctance etc.?

Back