free website stats program Stripped Out Transmission Drain Plug | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stripped Out Transmission Drain Plug

Did the install tonight bored, counter sinked, tapped the threads, used the shop vac sucked out any residual shavings, installed the Time Sert using Red Loctite, clean and easy the only way to go. Tomorrow will do the flush and then voila its done. I thank all of you especially "Triple J" for his generosity in letting me use his Time Sert kit. For the record "Triple J" I you a Beer or two. Thanks again.

p.s. Just looking at the the final produic

Yay Bosbury1 for getting the job done, can you post a pix of your installation before you button it up. Like to see how it looks...! And a heartfelt thanks to TripleJ for stepping up to the plate, truly an act of kindness all too rarely seen these days/

Actually, tried to take a photo, but as you can imagine the lighting between the two shocks on a Softail is less than desired. I will tell you this that when I screw the oil drain plug in you can tell without a doubt the quallity of the steel sleeves.

Actually, tried to take a photo, but as you can imagine the lighting between the two shocks on a Softail is less than desired. I will tell you this that when I screw the oil drain plug in you can tell without a doubt the quallity of the steel sleeves.
did you end up having to remove the shocks?

Bill

Did mine without removing the shocks. That just seemed like it was to much trouble and you can get a straight shot between the shocks.

Back