free website stats program Street Sweeps on UC | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Sweeps on UC

Backroad Rider

OK, as stated, I have yet to begin upgradinmy 09 UC, just saw turks road glide with the street sweeps, had those on my WG, It's my thought they'd look good in the UC, what are your thoughts?
And where would be the best place to find them should I decide to go that route?

Last edited:
I would only run two mufflers on my UC, i think they look out of place with out dual mufflers. Just my opinion, but I think they would look out of place.

Since posting this question I have been doing a lot of reading and one thing that caught my eye/attention, should I decide to go that route, is it my understanding that it can cause heat or other problems for the rear cylinder?

OK, as stated, I have yet to begin upgradinmy 09 UC, just saw turks road glide with the street sweeps, had those on my WG, It's my thought they'd look good in the UC, what are your thoughts?
And where would be the best place to find them should I decide to go that route?

STREET SWEEPERS
WHY i don't like them...

One sturgis ride, the back way from the HIGH OCTANE GAS STATION.....? road?

You travel going NORTH and the road goes thru a country setting with an occasional house... ENDING onto a DIRT road for about a half mile just out-side sturgis in town edge... I was told DIRT to keep the BIKERS off the road and not many FROM sturgis would take it because it was DIRT.... not knowing it turned into a dream 2 lane in just a 1/2 mile....

I was UN-LUCKY enough to get behind one of those BEAUTIFUL bikes that had STREET SWEEPERS on it..

NOW mind you, I'm not down on BEAUTIFUL bikes and that HIS was,,,, BUT every two seconds going SLOW on that dirt road,,, me following at a 20' distance,,, HE would TWIST the throttle to hear HIS pipes and send up a big PLOOM of dirt would cover the area I was ridding in....

ME,,,,,NOT BEING a JERK and PASSING HIM,,, backed off and waited for the CLOUD to get down to a lesser amount then proceeded into sturgis.. This was 1997 sturgis rally i think... MY bike was NEW but my modified exhaust blew(sensible) straight off the side.

THAT is WHY I DON'T LIKE THEM "SWEEPERS"

signed....BUBBIE

Oops, guess I never thought about where the dust from the sweepers were going when I had the WG, good thought, thanks for the input.

Back