free website stats program Street Glide CVO Shocks | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide CVO Shocks

I disconneted the air lines and let the bike settle and had paper towels to catch the oil .. rough guess i emptyed 1/2 OZ I used 10wt bel ray fork oil
Bud, I heard it wasn't a good idea ta try and change the oil in the rear shocks cus there ain't no way ta acuratly measure what came out or what you need to refill. No issues with yours though, huh?

Ah there you go, normally it is comfort options first then the performance mods, rather than convenience options...but hey...satisfaction is the name of the game.

Actually, a nice tati for the road and not even have to get off the bike...that really IS progress!!! Smitty already said insulated coolers are already available...so a beverage dispenser with a frothy top is not all that bad a stretch! :cheers

As for shocks oil or air and oil, it's all good, shouldn't lose that much air so quickly though, probably unsealing Schrader valve o-ring or leaky ones in the fittings, so use that soapy water and find 'em. Also if you modify oil only shocks with air valve "assist" they are not made to handle high air pressures like ones designed for that purpose so don't put more than 25 psi in there or you may blowout/damage the internal seals. :33:
Might as well add a DUI ticket dispenser on the bars as well to go with the beer and tati.
:O)

FYI

Different year air shocks will call for different MAX air pressure (later years had a higher MAX pressure) , always consult your owners manual before reading something on the forum for the proper MAX air pressures in the system.

Back