free website stats program STP Gas additive, Trying to understand ! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

STP Gas additive, Trying to understand !

Sounds like the theme of this thread/post is that the higher the Octane the better, which I tend to agree with. However, why use injector cleaner instead of Octane Booster? Or, was the boost in Octane from the injector cleaner what led to the higher Octane revelation?

If I had good fuel available, I would run straight fuel only. As for running injector cleaner, it is much too risky. For the cost of just two injectors, I would rather replace the injectors when/if they clog because they are just not that expensive on a V2.

Based on my experience, running a bottle of injector cleaner every now and then is doing nothing but cleaning out your wallet. In my case, when used too frequently, it caused severe engine damage. Either way you won't win. I have been down that road and have learned my lesson.

I have also been down the road of 104+ octane booster. Great stuff as far as "kick" but will foul your plugs. The only additive I add today to my fuel tank is SeaFoam & Sta-Bil.

Absolutely unbelievable. Wow. I NEVER thought I would see that anywhere. And of all the places to sell Rocket fuel,,,California, the test grounds for the EPA. I would give anything to have that station close to where I lived. The best I can find around here is 87 non-ethanol which is not good enough. Believe it or not there are several race tracks around here but they only will sell the fuel to the race car guys.

Thanks for the link. I am truly amazed by it.

Hoop; I don't know if they are still open, but up until early 2000's there was a Union 76 station on International Blvd, just East of US1 in Daytona that sold 100+ octane. They did a bang up business during any of the car/bike events! I didn't buy it because I didn't have the compression ratio to benefit from it.

That's Right!! I do remember seeing that station. I have to see if they are still pumping rocket fuel. Now that you mention it, there was also a station on Orange Ave (Beach Side) that also sold racing fuels way back when....

Thanks!!

Back